I'm loving the gym!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by ysabel, Sep 17, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Early this year I couldn't even imagine getting a gym subscription. I'm lazy to exercise in a specific place. Actually, correct that, I'm lazy to exercise. I figured, I walk a lot anyway and have no weight problems. Gym has always been an alien concept to me so it's also like going to school and not know what to expect. Plus it costs money.

Anyway, six months ago I decided to quit smoking (cold turkey) and since I'm on that path of shocking my entourage, I added going to the gym to keep me preoccupied. Also I felt like it'll good for me mentally...I have a lot on my plate.

Thanks to Les Mills courses, fantastic coaches, accessible gym facility and support from friends (including my original GF gym buddy, Unity - or whatever his name is now haha), I actually enjoyed it. Even when I went on my vacation, I got temporary gym membership in CA. So last week, I renewed my subscription even though it is still pricey (monthly rates here seem to equal to annual fee in the US gyms that my friends go to). I don't consider this a luxury though. It's like I have incorporated it in my routine, even if there are days I certainly couldn't make it regularly, and I cannot imagine not having to go back to a gym anymore. Ack!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
    Unity likes this.

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I envy you. These 2 weeks I haven't had the chance to get back to working out but I hope to start regularly next week. I've been really tired and didn't have time to exercise. I don't want to become lazy becuase If I don't go there next week, I'm sure i'll become lazy.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was the same, I didn't really need to go to the gym, but I decided to do so since I wanted to added muscle. I was very fortunate that I have free access to an incredible gym with all the equipement you need. Another thing I'm thankful for is that one of my best buds works at the same building as I do and he's been going to the gym for fifteen plus years now, so he really helped me out with some work outs.

I've been doing for almost a year an half now, and I love it. I go five times a week, and I do cardio on weekends.

ysabel likes this.
  4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

That is really great to read, Sis, I've always loved working out, although I workout at home rather than the gym. But exercise is a great habit to get into and I'm glad you love your gym.

ysabel likes this.
  5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I have too many distractions at home although I used to have dance-by-myself sessions while cleaning (and loud dance music in the background) before and that was my workout, haha.

6. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

Damn, you just reminded me I need to work out again. I have been slacking for almost a year now but I had an exercise program called the p90 I stuck with for a few months before then. Mind you mine was at home but I bought the stuff I needed. Anyway, I went from finally developing muscle to now having a bit of a belly. :(

Keep up the good work...

I think Imma start my program up again tomorrow, haha.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What's a P90?

I think it helps when you have people to remind you haha. In GF I have Unity and AnitaKnapp to remind me of gym and vice versa.

8. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Ok. Today I'll start working out again.
    How many hours a day do you exercise, Ys?

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think working out for an hour to two hours a day is good enough. I usually do weights for about an hour or so then I do cardio for 30-1hr. That's for Monday to Friday, and then on Saturday and Sunday I just go jogging, don't usually time myself.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Minimum an hour. On Monday mornings though, I follow several classes in my gym and it can be almost 3 hours. Saturday is 2 hours. The rest of the week, depending on when I can sneak out for gym (recently it's when all kids are in school and my youngest is in "baby school" for an hour or two), I try my own workout for an hour or 1.5 hrs.

Today, I've met with my coach and we made revisions on my program so I'm going to frequent other equipment I don't usually use before. It's just another thing to look forward to. :)