• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm looking for a game...

ashalieme

-Help-
I'm looking for a good action beat-em-up style console game where I can play as a girl (as I have difficulty relating to the big buff guy w/a beard). I don't so much like stealth, guns, or swords. I just want some good hand-to-hand combat with atleast a sorta-storyline...
Acouple games I have thoroughly enjoyed were the Buffy games and Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance. While some might say my style of gaming is blaspheme... I can't help it. I like what I like.
Oh... I like good combo attacks... Not just B-B-B-B... But B+^-A-A+^ (substitute for Xs and Ys based on the console system...)
Please help me find a good one... :)
Thanks a ton!
-Ashalie-

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You could try out Perfect Dark perhaps. You play as a girl in that but I heard the new game isn't all that great though.

Then there are the Final Fantasy games. Plenty of girls to play as in those. I haven't played those games forever though..

ashalieme

...Yes, but Perfect Dark = Guns... Final Fantasy = Swords/no hand-to-hand, and all but 12 is turn-based...
"I don't so much like stealth, guns, or swords. I just want some good hand-to-hand combat with atleast a sorta-storyline..."

Lunux

Perfect dark is good but u said you don't really much like guns and swords. it really depends what systems you have. if u have GCN then get SSBM not much of a storyline but still get to beat people up brutally and there are a few girls as playable characters.

Lunux

ooh, ooh! get Tekken! that series is awesome! every character has a different story line and there are plenty of girl characters. The game is based on hand-to-hand combat with combos. if decide to get it go with The King! he has the best combos. so yeah, it's good.