• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm going to install the Windows Vista Beta

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I decided that I will be installing the Windows Beta release candidate 1 Beta. I am starting the download now and will try to post some screenshots and comments when I have it up and running. :)

64 bit OS here I come! :D

First things first.. Only 3.59 gigs to go. ;)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
How do you go about getting a key?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
They give you a unique key that expires when the real Vista comes out. Or it might be 90 days, or 180 days or something. Not sure, but they give you a key when you sign up for the Beta.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

:)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's an insane download. I still have a few hours left and am sitting at exactly 80% now. 2.90 gigs downloaded so far.

I am very interested in testing this out. I'll hopefully have some screens to post tomorrow if all goes well with the install. :)

Albey

Registered Member
Cool lol, wonder how they'll put it on disc. a dvd? what if it don't have a dvd :p

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
A DVD-ROM drive is one of the requirements for running Vista..

As for my download, I burned it to a DVD and it booted to the install just fine, but after loading the files it just hung. :(

That's a great waste of my only DVD-R I had... *grumble*

Albey

Registered Member
I havn't got a chance to install it yet. Was gonna wait untill i got back to md with one of my other pc's. Did you email them and tell them it just hung and did nothing?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure if I'd get a response if I did. :)

I might just order the DVD for $6. Would be easier. It could have been a slight download problem or something that caused it. I'd assume a fresh DVD from MS would work fine. (No jokes please.. :D, I know.. I know..)

hemisync

Registered Member
I know this post is a bit old now, I was just wondering how things went and if you were able to get it installed. I've been thinking of installing the beta on a tester PC I've just not got around to doing it yet