I'm going for an assessment tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by WesJones87, May 7, 2009.

1. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

At the Police training centre in Manchester! :D

I applied to be a Police Community Support Officer about two months ago, and I recieved a letter on Saturday telling me that I had passed the application form stage and would be going on to the assessment stage. This stage involves an assessment of my written and verbal skills. If successful in this stage, I will then be asked to attend an interview and, with any luck, start my new career within the law enforcement industry!

I just felt the need to share this news with my fellow GFers.

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Plastic bobby!

I do have to say good luck though, and I must ask if you have any plans to go into the police force proper?

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

oh nice one! Good luck with that. When is this assessment?

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

*points at the thread title*

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

LOL. I even read the OP twice to make sure I didn't miss anything :lol:

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Congrats Wes! This definitely is good news! Good luck with your assessment, I am sure the interview will come soon enough!

7. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

Nice one hope all goes well mate :thumbsup: good luck keep us posted :)

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  8. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Yes, I do, but the first available position was as a PCSO, so I thought I'd go for that and apply internally if any PC positions come up.

Thanks people, hopefully all goes well!

9. n3wt

n3wt Registered Member

When you are in the Police Force you will have a better chance to get a higher job if you are already in the job itself, Its the same in the Nursing and Caring profession.

10. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Just got back, and hopefully I did well enough to pass :)

It was like going in for my exams again lol. The first part was a multiple choice language test, testing your knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation. The second part was to write a crime summary based on two incident reports given to us, that tested your use of English language and handwriting skills.

I will recieve a letter in due course telling me whether I passed or failed so I will keep you posted :D