• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm extremely entertained by Alex Riley

viLky

ykLiv
I think he plays his yes-man role very well, he looks great shadowing The Miz during his entrance and is animated at ringside during the match.

I remember one Raw, The Miz came out and walked in at a completely normal pace, a little slow even, but A-Ri just EXPLODED out. He just burst from outta nowhere to the point where I'm surprised that he didn't bump into the set. For some reason I thought that was the funniest thing, and I've been a fan of his ever since.

I was reading the thread about WWE spring cleaning, and got worried about Riley. I hope WWE isn't thinking about releasing him along with other wrestlers/personalities... In fact, I would like to see Miz increase his managerial "stable" (or entourage in this day and age) to include Maryse.

Miz having an entourage would be perfect in developing him even further:

o-- The Miz as the champ
o-- Maryse as the arm candy
o-- Riley as the stooge
o-- ??? as the muscle (Jack Swagger?)

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed The Miz thread. My bad! This thread is more about Alex Riley than The Miz, so meh.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a fan of Riley's too. I think the WWE are pushing him like they did The Miz when he first came to the WWE. He's not wrestling a lot on TV right now(more then The Miz did at first) but he's slowly getting the chance to showcase his stuff.

The potential is there for the kid, and I think Vince likes his look. He'll eventually get the US or IC title in my opinion. He needs to improve his wrestling abilities, but he's got the stick work pretty down path.

I don't believe the WWE have any plans to release him. I think he'll seperate himself from The Miz by July though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He is one of my favorites, too. He has a decent in-ring moveset and did really well in that cage match a few weeks back. He's good on the mic, and it is only a matter of time until he is on his own.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Haha Riley explodes out onto the stage every time he comes out with Miz, it's pretty funny.

He'll have a great 2011...I can easily see him getting a push towards the U.S. Title once a face has it.

Like Bizz had said, he does need to improve his in-ring work. Other than that, he's got a ton of potential.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Haha Riley explodes out onto the stage every time he comes out with Miz, it's pretty funny.

He'll have a great 2011...I can easily see him getting a push towards the U.S. Title once a face has it.

Like Bizz had said, he does need to improve his in-ring work. Other than that, he's got a ton of potential.
Riley may just turn face if he breaks from The Miz, I think. It would be interesting. He will have a great 2011.

viLky

ykLiv
If the entourage doesn't happen, I would like it if The Miz turned face instead, gave Alex the Skull Crushing Finale and have him (Alex) go to SmackDown! to build up his solo character for awhile.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Riley may just turn face if he breaks from The Miz, I think. It would be interesting. He will have a great 2011.
I really don't think that there's any chance of Riley being a face...he's a born heel at this point in his career, and while he's still relatively new and not that experienced on his own, I doubt that WWE would want to rock the boat.