• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm doing a sports YouTube show. Need some help and advice please?

cgbam4789

Registered Member
I'm doing a sports YouTube show. Need some help and advice please?
Hello. I'm currently getting things set for some new weekly sports show that I'm gonna do on YouTube in just several days.

My inspiration from it was Gillette World Sport and Trans World Sport, the show that I used to watch from years ago that is now no longer exists. Only Trans World Sport is still running.

My purpose in doing this thing is to show the worldwide YouTube audience (my targeted viewers) the highlights and insights of international sports.

So far, I got most of the things ready for it; I done all my research.

However, I do have one concern about it. If I'm going to show like a highlight or something, should I show the real footage or film it from my camera in order to avoid copyright issues?

You think by replacing video footage with pictures will help?

Any other help or suggestions is appreciated.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm not sure I understand.

Are you saying that you want to take a video of the film? That won't do anything for copyright laws.

I do think that pictures have their place, but a lot of people either A. overuse them or B. put them in places where they don't fit.

I know that I have more fun watching video clips of sports. Pictures mean nothing to me unless I know who's in the picture and usually the exact play from the picture (stuff from Michael Jordan works well for this)

cgbam4789

Registered Member
I'm not sure I understand.

Are you saying that you want to take a video of the film? That won't do anything for copyright laws.

I do think that pictures have their place, but a lot of people either A. overuse them or B. put them in places where they don't fit.

I know that I have more fun watching video clips of sports. Pictures mean nothing to me unless I know who's in the picture and usually the exact play from the picture (stuff from Michael Jordan works well for this)
What I meant is that I take a camera and film it on the TV. Here's this example: AWESOME MLB NETWORK COUNTDOWN MOMENT! SOX COLLAPSE! - YouTube

P.S.: I won't film it like that. I'm just gonna film directly like it fits the screen.

dDave

V.I.P.
What I meant is that I take a camera and film it on the TV. Here's this example: AWESOME MLB NETWORK COUNTDOWN MOMENT! SOX COLLAPSE! - YouTube

P.S.: I won't film it like that. I'm just gonna film directly like it fits the screen.
Yeah, that's what I thought you were saying.

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier. No, that won't do anything to help you legally if any of this stuff is copyright protected (I'm not even sure if it is). As far as the law is concerned a film of a film is just as illegal as using the original film itself illegally.

Hope that helps.

cgbam4789

Registered Member
Yeah, that's what I thought you were saying.

I'll just reiterate what I said earlier. No, that won't do anything to help you legally if any of this stuff is copyright protected (I'm not even sure if it is). As far as the law is concerned a film of a film is just as illegal as using the original film itself illegally.

Hope that helps.

Damn, hate these policies. I'd been a victim of it numerous times before and I stopped doing YouTube vids since.

Well, you said that photo could be a good replacement. You think that'll be a good one?

If so, at least that'll cut down video time (using actual highlights would make it long).