I'm back!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Arathald, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Arathald

Arathald Registered Member

Hey everyone,

After 2 weeks of barely any internet in Japan, a week full of packing all my stuff, and a week or so getting settled in in my new (temporary) apartment, I'm back!

Here's what's been going on in more detail:

I spent two weeks travelling around Japan, as detailed in the travel forum -- I'll leave all the stories about that there.

After that, I moved back to my parents' house in Chicago for a week, which I spent organizing and packing my stuff, and taking care of all the details of my move.

Last Saturday, Aug 5th, I flew out to Seattle, where I am currently residing in temporary corporate housing for about two more weeks. My third day here, I found an apartment and locked it down, but I can't move in until September 10th.

I've been pretty bored in Seattle so far, I've been working out and watching movies to pass the time. I have a few friends here, and I'm working on making more (including some potential romantic interests), so at least I'm not completely by myself out here.

I start work at Microsoft on September 6 -- I already know a lot of the people I'm going to be working with, since I interned for the same team last summer. I've been told that I'm going to be doing some work with the Windows build system, although you never really know what you're going to be doing until you start a job.

I *do* hope to become active again on these boards (not that I was here for long enough before to be considered too active anyways...), so I should see you guys around.

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh hooray. Welcome back Arathald.
    I always get a little teary eyed when a member I initially like just disappears. I am very pleased to see you back, you seem like you could become a good member.

Thanks for sharing your whereabouts with us. Sounds riviting. Good luck in Seattle with the new job and new friends and new love interest! And remember - pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Stick around this time.

Impact likes this.
  3. Arathald

Arathald Registered Member

I'll definitely try to stick around, but honestly, don't be too surprised if I disappear for a week or two just to come back. Especially if I'm busy or work is wearing me out or whatever, I'll sometimes disappear from forums, IRC channels, whatever, for a short amount of time.

I suppose that this is as good of a place as any to tell what all has been going on with me.

As I said, I just moved to the Seattle area. I'm currently living in temporary corporate housing in Redmond, but will be moving in to my permanent apartment on Sept 10. It's a really nice, 1200-square-foot, 2 bed, 2 bath that I'll be living in all by myself for the time being. In time, I hope to either have a roommate or a romantic partner move in and live with me.

I don't start work until Sept 6, so I haven't had much to occupy my time. As normal, since I love cooking, that's been how I've spent most of my time. I've also been working out lately, which, just in the past week or so, has shown great results.

I also have a couple of potential romantic interests, one of whom I have a date with sometime this week or next week -- I just have to tack down a specific evening for it :p

If there's anything else anyone is wondering about, please feel free to ask. I'm bored enough right now to handle all kinds of questions about just about anything :D

Edit:
    Sorry, I apparently repeated some of my original post here...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Welcome back! Sounds like you've been busy. I suppose you're allowed your time away as long as you remember to return. :nod:

How are you liking Seattle in general? I've heard it's a nice place but never been there myself.