• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Im about to join the House of David

Bjarki

Registered Member
The House of David was a religious commune founded in 1903 by Benjamin and Mary Purnell. Based in and around Benton Harbor, Michigan, and High Island (Michigan), the commune required its members to refrain from sex, haircuts, shaving, and the eating of meat.

The House of David operated a famous barnstorming baseball team, which toured rural America from the 1920s to the 1950s, playing amateur and semi-pro teams in exhibition games. The organization also fielded nationally known musical bands between 1906 and 1927. During that period these bands toured the country almost non-stop primarily on the three top vaudeville circuits: the Pantages, the Keith and the Orpheum. The House of David also operated a world-famous amusement park and zoo.
Men with excessive hair are always winnnnn!!

Interesting fact:

Famous negro player Satchel Paige was also part of the team for a while.. he had to wear a fake red beard though :)

p.s. best line-up of a death metal band ever! :headbanger:

Bjarki

Registered Member
hey, if I were in I wouldn't have to join them would I?

btw, hairy women can be beautiful too ;)

Wade8813

Registered Member
Some of those guys definitely don't look like they've refrained from shaving.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Maybe they're like me and it only grows to a certain point?

Wade8813

Registered Member
None of them have crazy-long bears, and some look completely clean shaven