• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm a fan, but...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Are you a big fan of any wrestlers that you know aren't that great in certain aspects? Do you ever hope for the best for a superstar even though you know he/she isn't "the best?"

Examples that I was thinking of in the WWE were Ezekiel Jackson, Vladimir Kozlov, Curt Hawkins, and Luke Gallows. I'm a fan of the gentlemen, want them to have some success, but know that they lack certain technical skill and/or mic skill.

Take Big Zeke; I've been a big fan of his from the get-go, probably because he was involved with Brian Kendrick's awesome time as a singles competitor. I'm a big fan of his Urinage finisher ("The Book of Ezekiel"), even though it looks more impactful some times more than others. His move-set since his return has been very limited (lots of clotheslines, a la Batista), and I'm hoping he's able to expand them. To me, he's just a guy with presence that I'd love to see as U.S. champ at some point.

So, that's just my elaboration on one of the guys I've listed. When I have more time I'll list some TNA wrestlers. Do you have any wrestlers that make you say "I'm a fan, but..."?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
One that fits in that category for me would be Mark Henry. It sucks that his mic skills are so abysmal, because all I've ever heard from the back is that he's a highly intelligent guy who's well liked and respected by his peers. He even got sent down to OVW after mumbling his way through his performance in that disgustingly gooey 'romantic' angle with Mae Old giving birth to a hand. I mean, you gotta feel bad for a guy who gets accused of ruining that, right?

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I am a huge fan of Christians and I would love to see him as a WWE Champion one day. He has the potential to do it, but he lacks intensity. I really can't see him going up the ranks and being a main eventer.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Christian and Vance Archer.

Shame Vance was released, but he had the potential that the E is showing with Reks right now. Christian, on the other hand, is often loved by friends that put him in the major title hunt, but in all honesty, he is just not as good as a wrestler as Edge. He has lost his edge. No pun intended.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
(I'm a big fan and biased, but) I completely disagree about Christian. When main eventing in TNA he had all of the intensity and charisma in the world. The WWE has a tendency to get people to be somewhat "stuck" in the mid card and I'd be feeling blah too if I was Christian. He can bring it in or out of the ring, though. I think the reason that you guys have trouble seeing him in the main event has a lot to do with the fact that Vince agrees and hasn't pulled the trigger. Standing alone, he should have been in the main event years upon years ago in the WWE.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
(I'm a big fan and biased, but) I completely disagree about Christian. When main eventing in TNA he had all of the intensity and charisma in the world. The WWE has a tendency to get people to be somewhat "stuck" in the mid card and I'd be feeling blah too if I was Christian. He can bring it in or out of the ring, though. I think the reason that you guys have trouble seeing him in the main event has a lot to do with the fact that Vince agrees and hasn't pulled the trigger. Standing alone, he should have been in the main event years upon years ago in the WWE.

You hit the button right there Unity. I feel the same way and have not thought of it that way from your perspective. Your right. The reason why Vince won't push Christian is because he is not a 'big guy.' I believe that Christian has the stuff, but he is not showing any intensity in his mathces or promos. He has stolen the show multiple times since his return and there is no doubt that he will do it again, but Vince needs to get his head out of his ass and do the right thing because this is something that the fans want.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
If Christian gets a push, it needs to be right when he comes back from his current injury. He NEEDS to be pushed now. I think its now or never.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If Christian gets a push, it needs to be right when he comes back from his current injury. He NEEDS to be pushed now. I think its now or never.
Well as we saw with Edge almost a year ago, a return from an injury can do wonders. I'm hoping for the same thing with Christian...and as we've said in the past, maybe a heel turn is needed.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
A heel Christian would actually be kind of cool....