• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm a basket case!!

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
My one and only baby starts kindie tomorrow. THE HORROR!! I am just in tears thinking about it. My stomach has been in knots all week and I don't know how I am supposed to take her in the class without crying so she doesn't get a vibe from me! I want her to have a positive experience and I have been excited about school for her whenever I talk to her about it, but I know that when I actually do that walk up to the class room I am going to be overwhelmed and am worried that I won't be able to control it : (

Any suggestions?

Julie

Registered Member
Aaaawwww!!!! *Sniff* *Sniff*

Here...<hands bunny some tissues>...[rubbing bunny's back]

Poor mom!! This one's a real tuff one to have to go thru!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Bunny, whether it's your 1st or your 3rd...the first day of school is always tough!! Trust me when I say, there will be about 20 other moms standing there with you, and feeling just as lost.
Be brave while your sending her off, then come home and have a good cry...theres simply no way to avoid the weepy eye syndrome.
We'll all be here waiting to here how your doing...big hugs, and know that we'll be thinking of you!!

Julie

Registered Member
AngelsPeak said:
Be brave while your sending her off, then come home and have a good cry...theres simply no way to avoid the weepy eye syndrome. We'll all be here waiting to here how your doing...big hugs, and know that we'll be thinking of you!!
That's too funny you said that...cuz I thought about it, and my next advice was gonna be to just hold it back while there & then come home, have a good cry, & come on here to tell us all about it!
See, we'll give ya hugs! :D

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
lol thanks. I will try to hold it back! I will probably be walking away crying. I do know how important it is to not cry in front of her. I just know that I am a very emotional person so I know it will be very difficult for me to do. Plus after losing my husband, she is all I have left. So I think it is just that much harder to let her go. I think that is another reason why I am so emotional. He is not here to share that. One thing on a list of many things in her life that he will never get to see.

I will let you know tomorrow how it went, if they can tear me away from the school.

TGirl

Registered Member
Awwwwwwwwww A sercret from me.....My daughter does not even know.....
Raising Desti I always had more than one job, but one Job I was always able to take her with me during the day and when I went to work at night at the other job her dad was home to take care of her.....so she never went to child care...
So I always felt like she was safe with us......
Man the first day at school I called in on my day job and basically sat in the parking lot of the school crying and could not leave..I just didn't feel like no one could take care of her like me and that I am sure something will happen....hahahahaha She was fine, but everyday that first week I was so scared until that friday of the first week she said to me..."mama, I am a big girl and I love going to school, my teacher takes good care of me" <sniff> <Sniff>
Now she is almost 13 and in 7th Grade and first day of school is next Tuesday and I am just as scared for her as the day she went into kinder.....As now she is a young lady with a lot of curves and so sure of herself as the day she started school.....I still feel I need to protect her just as much.....It will never end!!!
She IS MY LIFE and will always be!

yooperchick

Registered Member
Last year, my little guy (then almost 3 years old) went off to preschool. I rode the bus that morning and saw him into his classroom. I told him "Momma's gotta go to work now". He ran up to me, gave me a hug and kiss and ran off.

He's never been with a sitter - not even a family member - before that point.

I left the room, tears started to fall while walking out of the school. I hit the car and I balled all the way back to work. I was a wreck for about an hour.

Bunny...you are not alone by any means. Just hang in there...

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Hey Bunny here's a thought to cheer you up....I'm off to the mall to go school shopping with my 3 girls.....wanna trade days?????

Nanner

Registered Member
Bunny_roses said:
My one and only baby starts kindie tomorrow. THE HORROR!! I am just in tears thinking about it. My stomach has been in knots all week and I don't know how I am supposed to take her in the class without crying so she doesn't get a vibe from me! I want her to have a positive experience and I have been excited about school for her whenever I talk to her about it, but I know that when I actually do that walk up to the class room I am going to be overwhelmed and am worried that I won't be able to control it : (

Any suggestions?

Suggestions? Ahhhh heck no! I'm gonna be there with you soon enough.....a few years away but I already think about it! Too late to become the perm. room Mom? (do they have those)? As others have said please do come tell us how it went. An experience I would like to store away in my memory bank for when my one and only time comes.
I like the idea of staying in the parking lot :) Can ya peek in the windows all day? Bring a good book and wait :) Is she going full or half days?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Nanner said:
Suggestions? Ahhhh heck no! I'm gonna be there with you soon enough.....a few years away but I already think about it! Too late to become the perm. room Mom? (do they have those)? As others have said please do come tell us how it went. An experience I would like to store away in my memory bank for when my one and only time comes.
I like the idea of staying in the parking lot :) Can ya peek in the windows all day? Bring a good book and wait :) Is she going full or half days?

My daughter will go full days 3 days a week. So monday, wednsday and friday she is gone from 8 to 3 and they have a nap after lunch. I already told me sister that I was going to sit in the parking lot all day and not leave but she said the school would call the police cuz there was a stalker in the parking lot LOL I would become known as the weird mom on campus. Don't think I want that for her hehehehe

AngelsPeak said:
Hey Bunny here's a thought to cheer you up....I'm off to the mall to go school shopping with my 3 girls.....wanna trade days?????

ahhh Angel don't know what I would do with three girls! LOL I don't know if I could handle the stress of three first days of school LOL

yooperchick said:
Last year, my little guy (then almost 3 years old) went off to preschool. I rode the bus that morning and saw him into his classroom. I told him "Momma's gotta go to work now". He ran up to me, gave me a hug and kiss and ran off.

He's never been with a sitter - not even a family member - before that point.

I left the room, tears started to fall while walking out of the school. I hit the car and I balled all the way back to work. I was a wreck for about an hour.

Bunny...you are not alone by any means. Just hang in there...

this is exactly the way it is with my daughter. I don't ever leave her with anyone not even family. so she is not used to being away from me at all. She is really excited and looking forward to it but I really hope she can handle it. someone told me today that it takes about 2 weeks and then she will be all over it.

Last edited: