Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich arrested

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by pro2A, Dec 9, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

He was trying to sell the Senate seat for several hundred thousand. Shows you how corrupt politics is. If someone is willing to pay a few hundred thousand for a seat, they know they will recoup that amount and more over the term of the seat. :shake: And people wonder why we don't trust politicians.

3. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

The best part of this whole story is the wiretapping evidence. Dude swears more than I do, and I curse like a sailor.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Along with William Jefferson, it seems like corruption is getting purged early from the Democratic Party.

It looks like the state senate will probably just call a special election, rather than wait for him to resign or be convicted.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

What was he supposed to do? Just fucking give it away? ;) Now does this show that a lot of politicians are corrupt, or that corrupt politicians get caught. That's a thinker.

6. pro2A

If I remember correctly William Jefferson got away with it pretty much. I didn't hear much about it on the main stream media. I only learned about him thru talk radio.

7. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

If Mr. Rod Blagojevich is found guilty and sent to prison, then maybe he can be cell mates with Mr. George Ryan

8. MenInTights

and the mayor of Detroit...and Jim McGreevey, ex-gov of NJ. Its starting to sound like a bad sitcom now. lol.

9. pro2A

Don't forget your buddy Stevens... although he may have agreed with us politically, he was charged with a lot of fraud.

I'm tired politicians who are corrupt regardless of party. It's good to see them in cuffs... it lets them know that the people are still in charge :)

10. MenInTights

I didn't vote for Stevens and I'm glad he lost, but that was the most horribly managed trial I've ever seen. I don't think its over yet.
    It could very well be my bias. I didn't support Stevens politically, but he was/is "Uncle Ted", so I have some hope that he's innocent.

At the end of the day, character is one of the few things that really matters because power corrupts.