• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ikea Admits Forced Labor Was Used in 1980s

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I also think it will hurt the company to the big time. No one wants to buy something that was produced by forced labor especially political prisoners and the fact he was a recruiter for the Swedish Nazi party won't help any.

Doesn't sound like to me there is no line that he wouldn't cross if it suited his own needs or should I say lined his pockets.

Its not much better paying some of theses people nothing to work their selves to death like they do in places like China.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I kind of doubt it matters that much. It happened a while ago, and I doubt the news is going to make a big deal out of it. Maybe in Sweden - where Ikea's a bigger deal, or Germany, who had the prisoners, but overall? Probably not

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I don't think any of the furniture currently in their stores was made by the forced labour. That was years ago. Therefore I don't think it will hurt their business THAT much. At the end of the day, you gotta look at what their making.