• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

IGN's best games of the decade

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
IGN is doing a year by year top 10 video games from 2000-2009.

Best Videogames and Movies of the Decade 2000-2009

So far they only have the first three years done. What do you think of the lists so far?

I was glad to see Metroid Prime at #2 in '02. I think that's one of the most underrated and underappreciated games ever.

Halo #2 and GTA III #1 in '01. Could have gone either way there. I always thought Ico looked like an awesome game but I never got to play it. They have it at #3.

In '00 I think Perfect Dark should be higher.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
I personally don't agree with the top of those lists so far, but what can i say...those games sold better.

No FFX in 2001's list is a screamer, specially since it got a better review by IGN than most of those games...

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Lets see...

• Counter-strike, GTAIII, and Battlefield 1942 as first choices; seems like pretty good picks to me. I actually don't have too much to say about their video game picks so far...
  • I'm thrilled to see Unbreakable and Chicken Run on the 2000 movie picks, but Almost Famous over Gladiator?? I haven't seen Almost Famous, but I don't have to see it to know that Gladiator was better.
  • I can't decide if Memento or LOTR is better for '01...
  • Awesome --> I found a typo: "The first installment -- and only one directed by Doug Liman -- in the franchise based on Robert Ludlum's books turned Matt Damon into [red]a bankable an[/red] action star"
  • My biggest beef, though: Spider Man beats Two Towers for '02? Whaaaat... I mean, don't get me wrong, Spider Man was a great movie... but Two Towers was a fantastic movie!
------
No FFX in 2001's list is a screamer, specially since it got a better review by IGN than most of those games...
That's actually rather surprising, now that you mention it... :shifteyes:

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I think Wind Waker definitely could have stood to have been a bit higher on that list than #7...

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is updated through 2008 now. I think most of the lists kind of suck. Maybe cause I've never played a lot of the games. Mario Galaxy at #1 though? Come on. Twilight Princess should be better than #7.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Uncharted, 9th for 2007? Bullshit. Easily should've been in the top 2.

LittleBigPlanet should've been second in 2008, behind only Fallout 3.

List is pretty "eh" in my opinion.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
IGN is just a terrible source for informations on gaming and these lists lost credibility after 2002 IMO.

Modern Warfare 1 surpass Halo 3's multiplayer for one month maybe two then Halo 3 was number one again (xbox live).

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
This is updated through 2008 now. I think most of the lists kind of suck. Maybe cause I've never played a lot of the games. Mario Galaxy at #1 though? Come on. Twilight Princess should be better than #7.
I actually don't think Twilight Princess should even make the list. It was insultingly easy and not the least bit intriguing. I was hoping for a much grander adventure to be honest. I felt it was a letdown.