• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ignazio's Beatdown Deck r/f

I

Ignazio

I am trying to make a deck for the regionals comming up so I am getting out my traditional cards in my deck idk what else to remove or put in. Its kinda like a beatdown but I also need some defense to my attacks. Please help i'll give you a cookie.

Monsters
Archfiend Soldier
Blade Knight
Breaker the Magical Warroir
D.D. Warroir Lady
Dark Driceratops
Exiled Force
Gearfried the Iron Knight
Jinzo
Mataza the Zapper
Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke
Opticlops
Skilled Dark Magician x2
Slate Warroir
The Fiend Megacyber
Wall of Illusion

Spell
Book of Moon
Fissure(until I can get some smashings ground)
Giant Trunade
Heavy Storm
Premature Burial
Mage Power
Mystical Space Typhoon
Nobleman of Crossout
Snatch Steal
Swords of Revealing Light
United We Stand

Traps
Call of the Haunted
Compuslory Evacuation Device x3
Dust Tornado
Magic Cylinder
Mirror Force
Sakuretsu Armor
Threating Roar(until I can get more Sakus)
Torrentail Tribute
Trap Hole

Side Deck
idk what to put here...

I

Ignazio

Re: Ignazio's Beatdown Deck

*bump*

No double-posting. Its a rule! Ok?

K

KillaKidd

Re: Ignazio's Beatdown Deck

This Deck Is Kind Of Random

ironmonkey said:
Disclaimer: Veteran guidance suggested for n00bs.

Intro

The following is a very basic concept aimed to educate.

Inconsistency is the leading cause of brain cancer. Or Game Lost against random n00bs. I guess the pain from both is about the same. The article and deck is meant to show how to avoid bad draws.

Inconsistency: What is it?

Inconsistency is the state of being displayed or marked by the lack of compatibility. In simplified terms, it's just a big word I use to say that your deck looks ugly. What makes it ugly? Well...

1. Too Much Tech

It's good to use a splash of an anti-meta card here and there. In 2005 American Nationals, the only difference between player's decks was there choice of tech cards, ranging from Enraged Battle Ox to (the still popular) Gravekeeper's Spy.

As stated earlier, using just a little tech can strengthen the deck, but too much makes the deck unstable. Think of deck building as interior decorating (I know. I'll think of a less corny metaphor next time. It's just that we're remodeling the bathroom. But I won't get into that). Color contrast is a good quality which gives the Bathroom a good glow. Too much contrast or colors makes your bathroom look like a circus.

Key Note: Remember to use just one to two pieces of originality/tech. No matter how shiny the cards are.

2. Dead Draws

Dead draws is a simple concept. With the exception of Soul Control and some other decks, dead draws should be kept at a 0-4 minimum. Some cards which are dead draws can also work well in certain situations. For example, Soul Exchange and Mobius both suck on their own. Combined together, they can pull off a 341 trade, which is more than enough to win a game.

Key Note: Ask yourself, how often does my deck topdeck? Alot? Than cut down on cards that you don't want to topdeck. Never? Than use all the dead draws you want.

3. Triple-Double

No. We're not talking about Kobe Bryant, and how much he hogs the ball for his own glory, marketing shoes that look like Tissue Boxes.

Choosing whether to use three or one copy of the same card can help your victory. You obviously wouldn't use three copies of Exarion Universe, in well... anything.

In general, cards that can be played as soon as you draw them deserve to be used in triples.

Cards that can game winning topdecks can be used in doubles. [Pot of Avairce and Chaos Sorcerrer]

Now apply it to:

Deck

3 D.D. Assailant
2 Mystic Tomato
2 Spirit Reaper
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Mobius the Frost Monarch
1 Don Zaloog
1 Strike Ninja
1 Breaker the Magic Warrior
1 Sangan
1 D.D. Survivor
1 D.D. Warrior Lady
1 Exiled Force
1 Newdoria

3 Smashing Ground
2 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Premature Burial
1 Dark Hole
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Snatch Steal
1 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Book of Moon
1 Brain Control

3 Sakuretsu Armor
2 Widespread Ruin
1 Dust Tornado
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute

3 D.D. Assailants, 3 Smashin Ground, 3 Sakuretsu Armor: All draw and play cards.

1 Strike Ninja, 1 D.D. Survivor: Tech

Etc.. and etc..

I

Ignazio

*bump* btw can somebody remove the post above it is unnecessary and it too long...

M

Mechaknucles

I have to disagree, it appears to be some form of beatdown, with little to none field control, but would rather pressure opponents with an onslaught of monsters.
-fissure
+hammer shot or smashing Ground
-threatening roar and a hero emerges
+waboku 2
-megamorph
+Dust Tornado
-something else
+Solemn Judgement
Hope this helps

A

Amethyst_Shinobi_0

In your Side Deck, you need to add in some Prohobitions (i saying three) and Non- Fusion Area and some other good side decks cards that are good at making a deck crumble.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnitaKnapp Movies & TV 27