Xbox 360 IGN gives PDZ 8.4

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Perfect Dark Zero Review

8.4 isn't a horrible score or anything, but it is pretty low considering all the hype and high expectations. It took them FIVE YEARS to make this game! You'd think they would be able to get everything perfect.

Anyway, here's some stuff that stood out in the review...

The single player mode's biggest problems are with the enemy A.I. and the weak storyline. Granted, the storyline doesn't really factor into the gameplay, but it's pretty much impossible not to notice how laughably bad it is.

Though the enemies in single player are more likely to react to your presence at the higher difficulty levels, they never display any advanced assault tactics. In other words, the enemies behave much like they did on the N64. If they see you, they're going to start shooting and chasing you, and that's about it.

Because of these problems, the single-player campaign is frustrating and boring at times.
That kinda sucks, though I wasn't really expecting much of a story since the last game's story was crap. The enemy AI sounds pretty bad.

...you may get frustrated with some of the parts where setting off an alarm spawns an endless stream of security guards that charge at you. Somehow, they all know exactly where you are, even if there aren't any cameras.
That's pretty annoying too. I always hated that in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

In the Deathmatch modes you'll be able to hop into games with 16 players and 15 bots in small levels, which comes to a total of 32 if you include yourself, while larger maps support up to 32 human players plus 15 bots if your online connection is up to it.
Sounds awesome. That's a ton of players (and bots).

The best part about vehicles in multiplayer is that they're not completely overpowered.
I couldn't be happier to hear this one. One of the most annoying things about Halo 2 is getting raped by vehicles since there's nothing you can do unless you have rockets.

...the game only has six multiplayer maps.
WTF? That's it? I assume they'll have more available for download (which I'm sure you'll have to pay for), but only six? What the hell were they doing for five years?

...the multiplayer announcer absolutely sucks and there's unfortunately no way to turn him down short of muting all sound effects.
I've seen some of the videos and I must say, the annoucer does indeed absolutely suck.

So overall, it sounds like the singleplayer is nothing special but the multiplayer is a lot of fun, which is about what I was expecting. If/when I get a 360, I'm sure I'll pick this game up sometime, but it's definitely not at the top of my list.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, if you had read my post you would have noticed that I said 8.4 isn't that bad of a score for most games, but for a game that got as much hype as this one did, and was 5 years in the making, 8.4 has to be a little disappointing.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Yeah, if you had read my post you would have noticed that I said 8.4 isn't that bad of a score for most games, but for a game that got as much hype as this one did, and was 5 years in the making, 8.4 has to be a little disappointing.
^^i know i just said i thought it wasn't a bad score either.

Rayzn

Registered Member
Everyone was comparing this game to Halo and when you do that your expectations of the game will never meet the actual quality of the game. But anything above a 8.0 is a great score and game.