Xbox 360 IGN gives PDZ 8.4

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Perfect Dark Zero Review

8.4 isn't a horrible score or anything, but it is pretty low considering all the hype and high expectations. It took them FIVE YEARS to make this game! You'd think they would be able to get everything perfect.

Anyway, here's some stuff that stood out in the review...

That kinda sucks, though I wasn't really expecting much of a story since the last game's story was crap. The enemy AI sounds pretty bad.

That's pretty annoying too. I always hated that in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Sounds awesome. That's a ton of players (and bots).

I couldn't be happier to hear this one. One of the most annoying things about Halo 2 is getting raped by vehicles since there's nothing you can do unless you have rockets.

WTF? That's it? I assume they'll have more available for download (which I'm sure you'll have to pay for), but only six? What the hell were they doing for five years?

I've seen some of the videos and I must say, the annoucer does indeed absolutely suck.

So overall, it sounds like the singleplayer is nothing special but the multiplayer is a lot of fun, which is about what I was expecting. If/when I get a 360, I'm sure I'll pick this game up sometime, but it's definitely not at the top of my list.

2. Yung_Impression

Yung_Impression Registered Member

nah...a 8.4 isn't a bad score at all, for an Xbox 360 launching game, that a good score.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yeah, if you had read my post you would have noticed that I said 8.4 isn't that bad of a score for most games, but for a game that got as much hype as this one did, and was 5 years in the making, 8.4 has to be a little disappointing.

4. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

Damn, woulda liked a higher score:(

5. Yung_Impression

Yung_Impression Registered Member

^^i know i just said i thought it wasn't a bad score either.

6. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

Everyone was comparing this game to Halo and when you do that your expectations of the game will never meet the actual quality of the game. But anything above a 8.0 is a great score and game.

7. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

1up have said, with enthusiasm, that PDZ is the 360s Halo.