• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If you're going to do it, do it right..

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
(In decisive because someone is going to clap their hands in glee and surmise this to be a wonderful idea)

Personally, I find this beyond the realm of ludicrous. NYC has used taxpayer money to produce a pamphlet on how to correctly use heroin.
Seriously? Does anyone really think a junky jonesing for that next hit, shaking with a raging need to shoot up, is going to pause and read a brochure on inserting the needle correctly?

NYC heroin pamphlet -- is it a help or a how-to guide? - CNN.com

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
More wasteful government spending.....it seems to have become the norm.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I see what they're trying to accomplish, but people don't even wear their goddamn seatbelts anymore. I doubt you can convince a bunch of strung out junkies to be responsible because let's face it, people like that are not concerned about their health.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think money spent on drug awareness is better spent than the billions of dollars wasted on drug wars and criminalization of drug users.

viLky

ykLiv
This is exactly like what parents and some schools did with condoms. They gave out condoms and pamphlets telling the children NOT to have sex, but if they decided to have sex that they should use condoms to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.

As you would expect from me I'm not for this, but rather abstinence and drug consoling.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
There is also information regarding HIV and hepatitis-C testing, depression and contact information for emergencies and for finding help to quit.
I don't feel moved to protest.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Weird. Isn't it illegal? Why would they advice you on how to do illegal things properly?

On a related topic, I wonder if this is how parents feel when safe sex classes are being given to minors who aren't supposed to be engaging in sex. :)

Susano

Registered Member
Weird. Isn't it illegal? Why would they advice you on how to do illegal things properly?
To prevent infections and hence ultimately save lives? Now wether that actually will work is another question. However, the general aim is proper.

minors who aren't supposed to be engaging in sex. :)
Says who?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I thought that was illegal in some countries. Or is it only illegal when the minor's partner is an adult?