If Your Parents Are Computer Illiterate...

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Pugz, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

...don't try to teach them ANYTHING!

Blueyes likes this.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

LOL

Luckily, my mom is really good with computers.

My dad is a different story. I had to have an hour long conversation with him and follow him click by click to teach him how to watch a streaming video on a website.

Then, the next time he wanted to watch something, he called me again. :|

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

actually you need to at least teach them to stop double clicking on every fricken thing and not EVERYTHING is virus free. I refuse to fix my mothers computer anymore because she will click EVERYTHING literally and I told her not to call me anymore about it cuz I'm not fixing it. The last time I fixed it was probably 3 years ago when she proceeded to bombard me with millions of questions of why and how and I'm like go away - fixed it and left.

4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Whoa, my parents are exactly the same way!

My mom's actually sold some patterns and shit that she's made on paintshop to Microsoft. My dad can barely figure out how to log on to the computer or even access the internet.

5. Pugz

My aunt is teaching my mum how to do stuff for work-which involves the computer-she calls me down for the littlist things; one time she called me down because she managed to but a HUGE gap between two lines-i sorted it, told how to do it properly and she ended up doing it again ten minutes later --_--

My dad isn't too bad, he can type but when it comes to stuff like...uploading photos onto facebook, he can't do it without help. Thankfully i don't see him often enough to deal with it.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

You think parents are bad? You should see my grandparents. It is kind of funny though. They don't even do anything super technical, it's just problems with copying and pasting/searching on Google that they get stuck with. Again and again, all the time. *Sigh*

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My mom is improving in this area. She can send and open emails now and operate an instant messenger (just don't ask her to do anything else but write words).

8. Pugz

My nan is a whiz on the com-she puts me to shame :/

9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I still have to show my dad how to program the damn video so there is no way in hell I am letting him near a computer.

My mum is getting better with it but it is a long slow process.

Pugz likes this.
  10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

My mum and dad used to be awful, they couldn't even load up internet explorer if the icon was on the desktop. They have gotten better but they only use Google really. If they want anything typing up they ask me or my boyfriend to do it.