If your food touches..

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by AngelsPeak, Mar 17, 2010.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

....other food on the same plate, will you still eat it?

My daughter won't eat any food that's come in contact with other food on her plate, she'll even go so far as to get a new fork for her salad.

I have no problem mixing up my food, it's how I discovered that spaghetti mixed with a ranch salad is fabulous!:nod:

What about you?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

food should not be touching but i wont go to that extreme of swapping forks, etc. i will just push it away so no food touches anymore.

oh and salads go in their own bowl, never on the dinner plate in my house lol

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

lol While I will try to not let the food touch, I will still eat it as long as it is only a little bit.

Which queenie is this, Denise?

AngelsPeak likes this.
  4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

it depends on which foods touch which other foods. If it's a big fat holiday plate full of food and my jello touches my cole slaw, then no I won't eat that bit of jello.

If my green beans touch my cheese"burger" macaroni, that's fine, no issues there.

If my salad touches my baked spaghetti, I may or may not eat that bit of salad.

5. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

It depends. Like Jeanie said, if something sweet touches something salty for instance I won't eat that bit but if it's your salad with sald dressing touching your steak, etc, I'll still eat it.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Yeah, exactly what do you mean by touching? As in a chocolate gateux mixing with a baked potato, or the Brussels sprouts mixing with the chicken?

If it's the former, then no, I tend to prefer my sweets savoury free (unless it's an acceptable savoury). Otherwise, yes, I'll mix it together on the same fork to get a mouthful of several types of food.

7. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

srsly. am i the onlyone that finds this funny? Or is it that i don't understand the topic.

If u have a dish, and some food touches eachter that u gonna eat together anyways. what's the problem?

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't mind most food touching, and will eat it anyway. Mixing them though, I don't do that.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

No Kermit your definitely not the only one that finds this funny. What is wrong with you guys lol, in the end it's all touching each other anyway, what does it matter if it touches each other in the same plate?

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I have a daughter that is the exact same way, she is very weird when it comes to food on her plate.

I generally don't care. Since I eat a lot of Mexican food I usually mix my rice and beans, they taste even better that way:D