• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If you won the lottery....

April22nd

I LOVE this question because I get to fantasize! lol...

I know my answer and I'd like to be nosey and know yours! :)

If you won, say, 10 Million Pounds... or Dollars... or.. Euro's whatever lol... What would you do with it! :D

apple

Registered Member
I'll do a lot
First.. go shopping without budgetary indifference
Then go to a spa and Enjoy Massage^^
And the rest of the money for the black day

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd get a nice house, a new car, a new computer (a nice Mac and a nice PC), a nice HD projector, Bose speakers, basically a nice home theater setup, and a bunch of furniture to put in the new house.

The rest would go in mutual funds and stocks.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'd set up an IRA or other investment for exactly half the amount that I'd receive after taxes with my daughter's name on it that she acquires on her eighteenth birthday, or as needed for college. Eighteen years isn't much for an IRA, but I don't know of any other way to invest it at this moment, I'd obviously research it.

Then, I'd pay off my truck and make a few mods to it for the hell of it. A few inches of lift, more power, bigger tires, brush guard, and so on. Then, I'd pay off my house and buy one for myself. Next, I'd buy myself a small car and buy my girlfriend a brand new car of her choosing. Lastly, I'd find the best custody lawyer in the country and pay them whatever they wanted to work their ass off and get my custody of my daughter.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
what's black day?

Is that a reference to the coming collapse of the dollar? Like Black Monday on a larger scale?

As far as the lotto. No one ever spends lotto money wisely. Almost everyone that wins it declare it to be a curse and wish they never had won. I think I would be different, but it would probably destroy me also.

........how's that for a happy post?
:)

Dragon

V.I.P.
what's black day?

Is that a reference to the coming collapse of the dollar? Like Black Monday on a larger scale?

As far as the lotto. No one ever spends lotto money wisely. Almost everyone that wins it declare it to be a curse and wish they never had won. I think I would be different, but it would probably destroy me also.

........how's that for a happy post?
:)
That is true.

Jack Whittaker (lottery winner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Whittaker is a sad story and really makes me think I couldn't handle winning the lotto. This guy had a lot going for him before he won:

• older guy
  • married for long time
  • already a millionaire
  • didn't quit work
  • religious guy
  • gave a lot of the money away

even with all that going on, the lotto still destroyed him. I think I will just make my fortune the old fashioned way.