Movies If you were writing Spiderman 4 and 5?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

How would you write Spiderman 4 and 5? They will be shot back to back so one can only imagine 4 will end with a cliffhanger and carry over into 5.

First you have to decide on which bad guys would be the best. Here's a list of the top 20 Spiderman bad guys. I think it's safe to say the bad guy(s) for 4 and 5 will come from this list.

The 20 Greatest Spider-Man Villains | Blogzarro

Considering Venom is ranked the #1 coolest Spiderman bad guy, followed by Green Goblin, Doc Oc, and Sandman, the next bad guy will probably be among the more popular bad guys.

The next on the list are:

Carnage: I think having Carnage directly after Venom would just be bad. They are WAY too similar.

Lizard: Lizard is pretty odd and interesting but isn't exciting enough to be successful in a 2 movie series. Not as the main bad guy that's for sure. Just another mad scientist.

Kingpin: Kingpin might be the most practical choice for the next main villain. He also has a personal connection with Spiderman that could make for some interesting character development from Peter Parker/Spiderman.

Jackal: Just no. Too many scientists gone mad in the movies already.

A few bad guys later and I have my characters ready for Spiderman 4 and 5.

---------------

Here's what I'd like to see out of the two movies.

Three bad guys. Kingpin, Scorpion and Hobgoblin. Their connections and places in the Spiderman plot would compliment each other and they could work well together.

Here's how I'd outline the two movies if I were writing the screenplays.

So, that's how I would write Spiderman 3. What do you think?

I think that combo would be pretty awesome together. It wouldn't be too far off from the type of bad guys that have worked so far in the Spiderman movies.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008

2. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

the only problem is that Jameson has never been anything more than a nuisance to Spiderman. making him a big time schemer just goes against the grain of his character, he isn't really capable of something like this setup.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

In the Comics Jameson is responsible for creating Scorpion though. It could definitely work out considering that's somewhat of a scheme in itself. He creates Scorpion to kill Spiderman in the comics.

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Yeah Hybrix is right, that is the Scorpions origin. I'd liked it Brixy, however I think you picked the wrong villains. Well 2 of them atleast, not from a story point of view just from some general problems. King pin was done in Daredevil and I don't think sony would risk any association with that crap-trap especially after the stigma of Spider-man 3. Also 3 goblins in four movies is too much when they have other types of villain that can be explored. I think another Goblin would be pushing it. Apart from that I liked what you would have done with those characters had you been in charge.

Hmmm as for me, this is difficult since I think the Black Spider-man / Venom story would have been perfect for a 2 parter so I'm really annoyed it's been wasted already. Obviously it would have to be done differently than it was in 3 but I think it would have made a great 2 part epic. Much more time to develop a badder edgier spidey who could shit all over Eddy brock for a whole film. Then when he does become venom in the fifth it wouldn't seem so rushed and shallow. If hypothetically you'd asked how would I shoot 3 + 4 instead of 4 + 5 it would have been something along those lines. I would have kept the second Green Goblin in there too although that part of the story would become resolved midway through the second part leaving a sole show down with the big bad Venom. After a whole movie and a half of build up, the tension would have been great. However I have no time machine and Spider-man 3 did happen so I'll have to live with that. I'm going to browse the villain list and then give you my 4 + 5 ideas.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The only logical way to save this franchise would be to go with the Lizard IMO. Doc Conners is one of the original antagonists and also one of the most colorful. His name has been made mention in all three installments thus far, so he's not a complete stranger.

The lizard could provide a very dark atmosphere, one much like a Nolan-Esque batman if played properly. He sticks to the dark subterranean underworld and He's about the most conflicted character this side of Peter Parker himself.

A sure fire way of providing a 1 villain movie to save the franchise

6. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I think the best villain for 4 would actually be Mysterio, maybe paired with Kraven.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I was thinking about Mysterio.... but then again I wanted to save him for a Sinister Six movie (that I know will never happen). Same thing with Shocker, who is my favorite spidey villain.