If you were to die tonight...

What do you expect to happen when you die?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are a lot of beliefs about what happens when you die. If you were to die tonight, what do you expect to happen to you?

I've added several items to the poll in this thread. Please vote according to what you believe to be true. I have also included the option for "not sure".

Additionally, if you have a belief that is not covered in the poll options, post it and I will add it to the poll. I tried to include as many popular beliefs as possible but if I missed one I don't mind adding it.

Additionally, if you have a belief that is not covered in the poll options, post it and I will add it to the poll. I tried to include as many popular beliefs as possible but if I missed one I don't mind adding it.
- I think I will either be transported through time to Christ's millenial kingdom, or be sent directly to judgement day with every other person who has every existed. Either way, I will end up on judgement day, and then the entire universe will be remade, with a new heaven and a new Earth. the new Earth is where all saved individuals will reside (i think).

EDIT: if the question is about where I think my eternal state will be, then I guess the option of heaven/paradise will suffice. I simply think there are some things that will happen before I enter the eternal state, but after death.

Last edited:
What do I know/think will happen? Not a clue. What do I expect will happen, were I to make a stab in the dark guess? Utterly cease to exist.

My vote is a mixture of not sure/cease to exist.. so I'm going not sure. :nod:

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
What I expect to happen to me when is the same thing that happens to me when I sleep, I will just close my mind and I will just see nothing but black. Another belief is that when we die we will relieve our entire life for eternity like it was just a DVD player set on repeating the entire disk.

Bananas

Endangered Species
First lets clarify that the OP is talking in the non-physical sense of consciousness, a spirit or a soul?

...if so.

What do I know/think will happen? Not a clue. What do I expect will happen, were I to make a stab in the dark guess? Utterly cease to exist.

My vote is a mixture of not sure/cease to exist.. so I'm going not sure. :nod:
^^^This. I cant really add anything either other than as the OP uses the word expectaion Im more inclined to cast my vote for Utterly cease to exist..

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Utterly cease to exist. That's what I can imagine.
I've added several items to the poll in this thread. Please vote according to what you believe to be true. .
I don't choose this because I believe it to be true, but it can be the best out of those options listed in the poll.
That's how I imagine it, but actually don't fully believe it.

I could also go with not sure.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I believe I am going to heaven. Simple as that. I have Jesus Christ as my saviour, and so I get to go to heaven when I die.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm just assuming I won't exist. But I try not to think of what that would entail. Personally I'm too concerned with living a decent life to worry what will happen about it afterwards.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
There are a lot of beliefs about what happens when you die. If you were to die tonight, what do you expect to happen to you?

I've added several items to the poll in this thread. Please vote according to what you believe to be true. I have also included the option for "not sure".

Well first the coroner would come to my house and zip me up in a black bag and take me out to a van... then I would probably undergo an autopsy since young people don't "just die".

After that I would be taken to a funeral home and be...

Oh wait, you mean religiously? Well I'm a Catholic so I believe that I would be judged at the gates of heaven if I am worthy enough to enter. I beleive I lived a good moral life. I am under the belief that the truly bad immoral people go to hell. You know like Hitler and the like.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
If I'd vote it would be not sure. Not because I am unstable about my beliefs I just don't know what type of person I am regarding my "right" to enter the garden of Eden.
These are the possibilities that could happen to me (depending on my status):
Purgatory for life.
Purgatory -> Reincarnation
or Purgatory -> Garden of Eden.
Garden of Eden