If you were to change your legal name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

A lot of celebrities change their legal name to a different name. Often times this is to give them an easier name to remember to give them an edge in marketing.

Would you change your name if you were going to try to go into show business? If so, what name would you use?

Take a look at some celebrity name changes. I've spoilered this because it's a HUGE list.

So, what would you change your name to if you were going to change it for show business or for whatever other reason? Of course sticking with what you have is a fair choice too.

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

How tweaky would you have to be to change your name from Albert Dorsey to Englebert Humperdinck?

Hmm, tweaky. Foster Tweaky. Yeah, I might go with that. My real name's being abused by some uber-geek who thinks that Linux is the cybertronic Messiah.

3. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I would keep my name. I love it. I've told my parents that I'm so happy they named me what they did.

Btw, my first name is Jane. Not disclosing my last name for obvious reasons. ;)

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd only change my surname as I like my first name - it's short and easy to remember.
    My surname is awful and I can't wait to get married and change it.

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I would stick with my real first name - simply because I like it.

I would chance my second name though. I'm not a huge fan of my second name. Plus it is too boring to be a show name. You want something flashy and something that people will remember easily. Unfortunatly I can't think of a second name that I would want to chance to at this moment in time.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

As Nix said, I would stick with my first name, but I can't think what I'd want as a second name. I love 'Dylan' so maybe that. Rebecca Dylan.

This answer may or may not be Bob Dylan influenced. :D

7. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

My first name is acceptable, it can't be pronounced or spelled incorrectly. I'd change my second name to Caster, it just sounds right.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd change my name to 'Clayton'.

It sounds gay but I've always thought it was catchy....what do I know?

Most of those celebrities who changed their name, I don't even know their real name.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If I went to show business I would just change my first name to Michael and for my second name I would change it to Carter.

Also just to fix a mistake, Kareem Abdul Jabbar changed his name because he became muslim after graduating from UCLA.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I can see myself using a screen name if I go to show business but I don't think I'd go as far as actually changing my legal name.