If you were the Red Sox..

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by TheSportsGuy, Dec 2, 2006.

1. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

Would you trade Manny Ramirez?

Don't think about the way the guy's antics are. Think about how he affects the clubhouse -- I mean, look, he's friends with about every single player on the 'Sox team (him and David Ortiz are best friends as I know of.) IMO I don't think they should trade him this offseason. Maybe next, maybe not. We'll see how it goes.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you, I don't believe they should trade him, he's proably the second best player in that team, and he can still give you 35+ home runs and 130+ RBI's when healthy. He might not be the best outfielder but he makes up for it at the plate. I also agree that a lot of players would be mad if the Red Sox organization would trade him, there's two reasons why he hasn't been traded yet, contract and the club house would be angry if he did get traded.

3. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

Yep, exactly. I actually think Ortiz's stats would probably go down next year if Ramirez left. Because like you and I both said, they are best friends, as well as they're both powerful hitters and set eachother up at the plate in their batting orders.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

He is the best player of the Sox team and I think they should see how does he go next season and decide if they should trade him.

He also has a good team morale, never argues on the field, follows the rules and is friends with everybody on the team. I don't think they would want him to get traded.

5. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

Well true. Also, I didn't think to mention, but if they truly didn't want him on the team, they could see how he does like Alex mentioned, and ship him in August right near the trade deadline or before if they really want to get rid of Manny.

6. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

I wouldbn't trade him immediatly, it would depend on his mouth and his performance during spring training.

7. Cowboy Up

Cowboy Up Guest

I would never trade Manny unless the deal is absolutely absurd in Boston's favor. I'm talking like a solid starter plus at least two very high-level prospects. Without Manny, Ortiz would not put up the mvp numbers that he does. Manny helps the team an unbelieveable amount, trading him would really only hurt the team, unless the deal is very much in their favor.

8. Rickster

Rickster Guest

In a heartbeat. For a good SP and decent relief. That's what they're asking the Padres for (Peavy and Linebrink), but I doubt they'll get it since Manny's production will go down in Petco Park and at the rate starting pitchers are going for, the Padres will be hard-pressed to find someone as good as Peavy.