If you were the only one...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Feb 16, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I just watched the movie I am Legend.

It got me thinking, if you were left alone with your pet in a world where everyone was dead or infected, what would you do? If you were the last person alive (that you knew of) and were immune to the infection that killed everyone, how would you survive? What things would you do?

Discuss...

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Smith's character did a pretty good job of surviving. I'd have to say one thing though, it depends on what "infected" means. Because there's a big difference between the vampire-like creatures in I Am Legend and the zombies in Night of the Living Dead or Resident Evil. In case of the more common, slow-moving zombies, I'd get as high up as I can using something sophisticated like a pulley system or elevator. Stairs or ladders always end in death.

Not to mention, the whole "nocturnal" thing makes surviving a bit easier. Not seriously, but it certainly helps.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd probably go mental. No joke. I don't think I'd be able to survive on my own in that environment. I'd talk to manakins like he did and then I'd probably end up killing myself.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'd definitely stock up on supplies like Smith's character did and search for a cure.

If I didn't do that though then I'd probably try and find a way to get out of the big city and get to some place a bit more rural maybe look for survivors.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It would be very tough for me, I would stock up on supplies like Dave mentioned. I would also try to read, watch movies, listen to music, play sports as much as I can to take my mind off of things. It would be extremely hard though.

6. pro2A

I guess I never answered my own question...

I'd definitely would raid the grocery store and stock up on non-perishables. I'd get food for my cat. I'd stock up on some generators and a fuel pump as the power would be out.

I would stock up on ammo, guns and other survival supplies. I would look for survivors. I would also most likely barricade my house to keep safe at night and from unwanted predators such as animals who ventured back in to urban areas. I would need to find stuff to do to keep myself entertained. I would save gas and my generators for night time and for cooking, I probably wouldn't waste it on watching TV, unless I knew I had an ample supply of gasoline for the generators.

Meat wouldn't be a huge priority as I know it would get wasted without power to preserve it. I would wait to hunt meat for in the winter time when I could keep it cold. I'd probably move closer to a source of water and put some beacon up for rescue parties...

I think my cat and I could hold out for a while.

7. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

I would.. kill myself and my pet. No hesitation.

8. pro2A

You know whats funny... is I'm the type of guy that would be perfectly content by myself :lol:

9. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

If there were still electricity, I think I'd be able to do pretty well. Maybe by getting myself a gas powered generator. I'd imagine that if it were just me all the local gas stations would last my car and generator pretty long, and if I were TRULY the last person on earth, theoretically the entire continent's supply of gas would be available to me.

I'm sure I would go insane after a while, but who's gonna be around to judge my mental state? I can go as batshit as I want!

10. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

Yeah but what's the point?! I would be like Bliss and go CRAZY. I think I'd eventually lose my mind and scare myself into petrification.