• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If you were only allowed to protect 1 player from your team

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Lets say each team was starting from scratch and you were only allowed to protect one player from your current team, who would it be?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Re: If you were only allowed to protect 1 player from your t

Alex Pietrangelo, without question.

Steen is good and so are Backes and Oshie and Tarasenko but you build a team off defense. So its gotta be Petro for the Blues.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Man, you're killing me with this question. The Canadiens currently have three players right now that are young and you can easily build around:

-Alex Galchenyuk
-Carey Price
-PK Subban

People always say that number one goalies that dominate/steal guys lead you to Stanley Cup victories - even though Price hasn't shown that yet, I think I have to choose him. Yes, the Canadiens have a great goalie prospect in Fucale, but who knows if he'll ever develop in a number one goaltender in the NHL.

In Fucale's case, I think that the one thing he has going against him is Habs fans' patience. If Price doesn't do well, they're gonna call for his head and want Zach Fucale sooner than he should be. And if Fucale doesn't perform as expected, fans will blame him, the coaches, the GM and everybody else. Time and patience is of the essence for Zachary Fucale. I just hope that fans will understand that.

And to answer your question, hands down, PK Subban.

StroShow

V.I.P.

I'd also go with Carey Price. Success starts in goal, then defensemen then forwards IMO. Look at the Penguins for example, they have Malkin and Crosby, but a shitty Fleury lets in too many soft goals which ruins their Stanley Cup hopes. It would suck to lose Subban and Galcheynuk, but I have faith in Price leading me to the promise land :).

Sabby

James reimer/Bernier. I still have a soft spot for Reimer, but after this season we'll see. A team needs a solid goaltender to be competetive.

KempNotMerged

Tough question for a Blackhawks fan. I would say Patrick Sharp because he's a phenomenal opportunist, but I won't.

I'd have to go with starting goaltender Corey Crawford. He was the backbone of their winning 12-13 season and his worth continues to this day.

StroShow

V.I.P.

Kemp said:
Tough question for a Blackhawks fan. I would say Patrick Sharp because he's a phenomenal opportunist, but I won't.

I'd have to go with starting goaltender Corey Crawford. He was the backbone of their winning 12-13 season and his worth continues to this day.
Crawford?!? Really?!? I know I picked Price over a Norris Trophy winner but I don't think Crawford is in that league. If I was you I no doubt keep Jonathan Toews. The guy does everything for you, and his leadership skills are absolutely unreal.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member

1st-Subban
2nd-Galchenyuk
3rd-Price
4th-Pacioretty
5th-Gallagher

TORHABSFAN

can' do just one. Need to keep Price, Subban and Galchenyuk at the very least. Would also hate to lose Gallagher or Max.