• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If You Met The Right Mate What Would You Give Up ???

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Well if I met the right female and we fell head over heels in love with each other and wanted to spend the rest of our lives with each other and If she had alcohol problems in her family yes I would really give up my beer drinking :nod:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I would be willing to give up (or try to give up) most things. On the other hand, most of them aren't the sort of things that a woman should have a problem with, so a lot of it may be a moot point... :dunno:

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
There isn't much I'm willing to give up. I'm pretty set in my ways, so I'm not about to conform. The type of girls that I've fallen head over heels for didn't try to change me. Now, if the aforementioned situation of a girl or her family having alcohol problems came up, I would give booze up no problem. Not much else, though.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I gave up smoking because when I first met him he said he could never date a smoker. I wanted to impress him so much that I gave up. So yes, I would.

viLky

ykLiv
I'm sort of a pessimistic when it comes to relationships, so I'll say no. My love for video games will continue while my love life will continue to be foreveralone.jpg (meme on another site I visit). =D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well sure, I would give up something if I needed to do so. I can't give an example but if there was a situation that arose then I would always do what I could to make things work.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I suppose I would give up my childhood 'dream' of owning a dog one day if they were allergic....................... :cry2:

Makes me sad but I would do it! I can't really think of anything else that applies. I'm not passionate about much that could possibly cause problems. Unless they had a phobia of sketching pencils.

masey

Registered Member
Well if I met the right female and we fell head over heels in love with each other and wanted to spend the rest of our lives with each other and If she had alcohol problems in her family yes I would really give up my beer drinking :nod:
This sounds great !..But I wonder if you would really do that. My guess is that you would find a way to have both.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Adaptability is one of my better traits. Anything this hypothetical mate found unpleasant would likely go, with smoking (again hypothetically, since I'm quitting in 30 days) at the top of the list.

There's an exception to every rule, though, and mine would be my special little goblin. Even if he is the ugliest dog in California, P-Dawg and I come as a package.
------
Doesn't "the right mate" mean you wouldn't have to change anything?
I think that's "the not-too-bright mate." Relationships always require some amount of delicate negotiation. Beyond that, I'd find annoyingly sycophantic anyone who only ever gave me positive feedback. That's just not conducive to growth.

Last edited: