• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If you joined the Military...

Which branch would you choose?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Which branch would you choose?

The options on the poll are geared toward Americans (because that's what I'm familiar with) but I'm sure they apply to most countries across the globe.

I think I'd go for the Air Force. They include Combat Rescue Officers (CRO) which is something that I've always been interested in. I wouldn't have trouble flying in planes or running communications either. It just doesn't seem like my thing to actually be in combat on the ground.

What about you guys?

dDave

V.I.P.
I voted Army since that's what I did pick irl lol.
I had no idea that you had done service in the armed forces (in Australia I would assume), that had to be a really cool experience. I talk to a lot of military guys and they all have really cool stories from something.

I know I said Air Force, I could definitely go for the Marines too. I don't want to say the Army isn't great but I feel as if the Marines are more physically elite and there's much more of a teamwork mechanic in the operations that they do.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Air Force would be really cool - flying fighter jets sounds awesome. But I voted Marines.

My manager in New Orleans was a Reconnaissance Marine (Sergeant Major by the time he retired). I couldn't get enough of his stories and he is one of the people I met in life that I have the most respect for. Everything about this guy just demanded respect, and it was clear that he got it all from being in the Marines.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I picked Air Force. I had a friend that was a officer in the Air Force and he got to fly fighter jets which impressed me to no end.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I grew up wanting to be a Marine and going to college and not joining is still a regret of mine. My second pick would have been the Navy.

Elanor

Registered Member
I chose the Navy, but it was close between that and the RAF. The Navy just edged it as I love the sea, and in-spite of the close quarters I would like to be able to travel the world by boat, and learn all about the technical side of it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I chose army since I like to be on my feet. I don't like being on boats or planes so army seems best for me.

dDave

V.I.P.
I grew up wanting to be a Marine and going to college and not joining is still a regret of mine. My second pick would have been the Navy.
What made you want to join the Marines? I actually have several friends that are in right now. I certainly respect those guys and think they're great, it's just not my number one pick.

I chose army since I like to be on my feet. I don't like being on boats or planes so army seems best for me.
You can be in any branch of the military and spend all of your time on the ground. Most people in the Air Force don't really fly, I'd think a lot more people in the Navy do go out to sea though.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
What made you want to join the Marines? I actually have several friends that are in right now. I certainly respect those guys and think they're great, it's just not my number one pick.
I just love their history and how well trained they are. They were just the "badasses" of the military, if you will.

My dad talked me out of joining right out of high school because he wanted me to get my education first and then join if I wished. He was afraid I wouldn't want to just be starting school when I got out at around 22. He joined the Navy right out of high school and when he came back he played basketball for a junior college but never finished his education. While in college I decided to go to law school and join the Judge Advocate General's Office, which didn't happen either because of getting married, having a baby and all that stuff. It's still a big regret of mine.