If you held the cure...

Wednesday

Registered Member
for a deadly disease ..would you make money form it?

This has come about from a discussion i had with someone ...and it interests me to know how many people would take this "remedy" and sell it.
Imagine the wealth?

Or would you pass it on to those in need....knowing your saving life's?

P.s sorry if its in the wrong area...

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Yes, I'd try and make back the money i spend on research, then I'd want a profit so I can do other research, then I'd want to line my own pockets, but not at the expense of other people losing-out, so much so, they can't afford to save their own life through the medicine.

Depends on the disease. The more widespread and well known it is, the more likely I'd work for making the cure easily accessible for everyone

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Isn't that . . kind of the same thing? Selling it and sharing it? I would certainly share it with others.

I would just release it to the world without being greedy about it. I can only imagine how disappointed God would be if I tried to capitalize off of it. WOW, I don't want that. =P

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
So then vilky, what's to stop some company from getting a hold of it and then patenting it, claiming you had nothing to do with it?

So then vilky, what's to stop some company from getting a hold of it and then patenting it, claiming you had nothing to do with it?
That's fine because I would be releasing the the cure to everybody. Depending on what type of ingredients needed (hopefully it's obtainable ingredients), I would just spread the word of getting xx item and xx item, combining them and ingesting it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If I were a researcher and found a cure, I'd like to get a return for my research expenses. But I think I'd be more bothered if no one acknowledged my contribution than if I didn't make big buck$ from it.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I'd definitely try and make enough money from it to live a comfortable life.

Call me selfish but I think creating a cure deserves some tangible reward for the creator.