If you haven't travelled much...

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by ysabel, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

What's stopping you from traveling or going to a place you think is nice to visit?

Is it because you're simply not interested in traveling (ex: the hassle of making the trip)?

Is it a logistics issue (no means for transport, not sure where to stay, or ideal destination seems inaccessible)?

Perhaps you don't have time right now to do it or no one to go with you (if you like to travel with someone)?

------

I love traveling but lately I feel I haven't travelled as much as I'd like mainly because of my familial situation. Everything has to be planned way in advance and of course, have the money needed to realise the project.

2. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Mainly I don't travel becasue I don't have the time. Money is a big deciding factor as well.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Money.

If money were no object, I'd travel as much as I could stand. There are so many places I want to see.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Money is the only reason. I absolutely love to travel. If I go to a place where someone I know lives, then I can usually save a lot of money and travel twice a year...domestically. I think this year it's probably only going to be once though, I'm not sure. I bought myself too many electronics around Christmas to be able to afford the 2nd trip.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

2 Reasons, Money and Work

its probably easy to say "well they are the same" but actually in my case they arent. See my problem is I'm the only Project Estimator my company has. So if I take a week off to go somewhere, then I miss out on a week of bidding. Which could easily translate into a month or two of work we wont have in the future. So for me, its hard to travel. If I do it I have to strategically plan it around work schedule, like the busy bidding times in construction. Which sorta pins me down to November or so.

Money is also a crucial element, as in construction...if you're not there you dont get paid simple as that. :hah: So any time I take off, I have to save up to cover any expenses I might acrue.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I try to do at least one hiking trip every year. Unfortunately there's a short hiking season in the mountains (can only go from about July to September because of snow), and also I don't have a lot of money to spend. Other than that I travel with my family.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've only travelled two times in my life, what I mean by that is that I've only been outside of Canada twice. Personally I would love to travel more, but like everyone else money is a big issue. If I would win 30 million dollars in the lottery this weekend, then I would sure as hell travel many times.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd love to go travelling but I just can't afford it right now. There's many places I plan on going in the future but I'll be lucky if I get to visit half of those places.
    If I won the lottery I'd leave tomorrow and visit all the places I desperately want to see.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

This reminds me of a program they have in here where they sponsor kids who cannot afford to travel to go on vacation trips and give them the experience. I think that's awesome. If I'm really rich, I'd sponsor that myself.

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Money.

Having no job and being on the dole tends to limit my traveling options to "the nearest Jobcentre".