• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question If you had a million dollars

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
LOL! Probaly the same way I spend money now... except I would have a million more dollars. But for that million dollars I would probaly try to buy a one-off Lamborghini... like the Egoista! That car totally does pwn hardcore!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would have to think on this. There is so many things I could do with it ranging from building a new house to taking a great vacation. Then again I might just put it in the bank and go back to doing what I have been doing.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The first thing I would do would be to give 10,000 pounds to my parents, they have helped me out so much financial over the last ten years I would want to pay them back and pay for them to go on a round the world trip.

As for me I think I would like to own my own home, not a huge home but I would like to be able to afford a home big enough to have a proper computer and cinema room. Other than that I am not sure, I am not the sort of person who would want to give up work, having been on the dole I know how dull it is.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Personally, I would want to get into starting up "old-school" businesses (You know, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker). I'd start with a classic Bakery with a beautifully decorated and inviting sit down area. Goods would be made with all fresh, organic ingredients and using very traditional recipes for common favorites. I would not want to work the bakery or other businesses that I would later create, but just get them going and have hand-picked employees and management with a passion in that area to operate them. I'd hold back 60-100K for day trading, pay back debt (3-4K), and not worry about buying a house until my trading efforts and business are raking in excellent coin.

I'd have a nice house (not too extravagant, but nice) built for my mother, then open my 2nd business (probably a old fashioned toy store specializing in hand-crafted toys), or maybe the old-school candy store would come next. Then a house for me. After having my own house built (solar power augmentation, small-cell spay-foam insulation, radiant floor heating, special air filtering, humidity control, and water purification systems, and computer controlled everything) I would move on to creating the next business.

Eventually the goal would be to have a row of stores on a scenic street that would be a throwback to a simpler time, that would include the Bakery, Restaurant, Toy Store, Candy Store, Butcher Shop, Soda jerk (with a wide variety of REAL ice-cream flavors), and one wildcard which I haven't decided on yet (maybe a tailor or cobbler). The place would also have a connecting greenhouse to provide fresh ingredients for the restaurant and bakery. After that (or perhaps during that time) I would busy myself patenting many of my ideas and bringing them to the retail market.

All this on a million dollars? No, but a million would certainly be enough to light the fuse.

- Chameleon

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
With all the problems that banks are having etc, would anyone invest the money into stocks, shares banks etc or do people simply not have faith any longer in these systems?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Unless I wedge myself into a bad position, I generally make over 4% monthly return when day trading. Day trading is relatively safe that way as you are much less vulnerable to market instability. Get in, get your profit, get out. After the '08 crash, I did a lot of virtual trading on stocks that I called "rebound stocks". A number of them more than tripled in a matter of weeks, and the silver company I picked quintupled. Too bad I didn't have the real money then to take advantage of those opportunities. Anyhoo, back to topic.

- Cham

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I am assuming it is a million dollars after taxes so that being said I would retire and not buy super expensive things and buy a house that's just big enough for me in the neighborhood where I currently living . . . . . .

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I am assuming it is a million dollars after taxes so that being said I would retire and not buy super expensive things and buy a house that's just big enough for me in the neighborhood where I currently living . . . . . .
Very practical, but with a name like ATARIGUY I expected something maybe a bit more imaginative. :) How would you spend your time after cashing in? I mean, apart from playing Atari? :)

- Cham

rocketalypse

Registered Member
It all boils down to how I'm feeling at a particular moment. Sometimes I share Eminem's before-fame view:

A following spoiler contains vulgarities, therefore if you dislike the usage of those words, don't open the spoiler.

But on a serious note, I'd build a nice house on the top of a hill that's called Giznik (it's a hill in my town) because of the beautiful view on the whole town. It wouldn't be a large one, just a humble home for me, my wife and kids (once I have them). In the basement of that house, I'd build a legitimate studio so I can record music at home. Also, I would buy a nice reliable family car and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Last edited: