If you could...........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelsPeak, Jun 10, 2005.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

live anywhere, where would you be? 1_ares_1 thread yesterday got me to thinking about this, so if I could, I would be on the coast of Maine. My house would be a Queen Anne style victorian, high up on a bluff, with a path that leads down to the beach, the wind would rattle the windows on a cold winters night, and the floors would creak. I would also own a 2nd home in Salem Mass. and I would live there in the months of October & November. Somehow I don't think my dream home will come as a surprise to most of you! :)

Okay next............................

2. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I would live here in OK. In this city. I love it here too much to ever think of being anywhere else. My house would be on 20 acres of land. Up on a hill. The land would have a large pond for fishing for the kids. My house would be an older style home. With a Porch wrapped around the entire house. No trees blocking my view of the countryside.

3. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Hmm... that's a good question.

I'd love to own a home in Southern england, but I don't want to be a UK Citizen. I really loved it there. I don't think I'd ONLY want to live there.

I really really really loved Utah when we vacationed there. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

I'm kind of a "I don't like change" sorta girl. Once I get used to a <insert anything here> I am just content to the way it is.

I do know one thing, I do NOT want to live here forever. Once I divorced, I found out what these ppl are REALLY like.

4. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I would live in a victorian style home in Santa Cruz, CA... of course if I could afford that then I'd have enough $$ to enjoy being there!! I love the city, the weather, being close to beaches that can be used all year long.

5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

I want to live in a Cabin up in the mountains to where is takes two hours to go to town....lol I want my cabin to be a three level over peeking the trees.....top level me and hubby's loft at least 700 sq feet of bedroom with a hot tub ....the surrounding walls and ceiling of this bedroom would be mostly windows all the way around with no blinds so I can enjoy the senery and the snow....awww peaceful bliss.......My whole cabin would be mainly rustic and animal decor ....well except the one room that is filled with Fantasy Art...heheheheh

I am thinking this house would be either up in the Oregon Mountains or Well I would have to think of a more beautiful place than that!!!

This of course would be after the kids are gone off to college....I want to be alone and enjoy good books everyday and be lazy.....lol

6. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Lana we'll be neighbors! That is what I was going to reply. Somewhere in the UK (near London but not IN London) Of course it would be big and castle like and with a guy named Jeeves answering my door. A moat would be really cool too :lol:

Second choice would be an Antebellum ol house somewhere in the south like Charleston or Savannah. Think Gone With the Wind but without the hot clothes :D

7. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Oh if only the schools were better! I would live in Belize!! I would have a home in the Maya Mountains and a second home On the Placencia Peninsula. Most beautiful place on Gods Earth.....

8. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

My sister ALMOST did this. Actually was doing this until last winter. They had about 3 acres at aprox 40,000 ft in Colorado. My BIL had logs shipped here and he took off the bark, dried them, sealed them, notched them etc. Then he build the walls and numbered them. The plan was to truck them out to CO to build their dream home (small house as it was going to be only the 2 of them. Walk out basement and loft bedroom with catwalk) Tons of windows. One side of the house was wooded and the other was mtn tops. They were going to start building this spring and the plan to move before snowfall this winter. BUT.....they had been contacting contractors for almost 2 yrs now and the prices were outrageous. One guy wanted almost 200,000 not including cabinets/bathroom stuff like tub/carpet etc!!! They already had a well and driveway in (they had left a camper there over the years they owned the land) Not sure if they had septic in yet. Anyway trying to make a long story shorter they ended up selling the land for 5X what they paid for it and are now building here on some land on his Mothers farm. (and at 1/2 the price)

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

No mean comments please, but the woods scare me to death!

10. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

With THAT face?????!!!! :lol::lol::lol: