If you could learn a foreign language

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What language would you learn and why?

I kind of want to relearn French. I forgot almost everything I learned from when I took it in school. I don't know if I'll ever go back to France (though I'd like to hike in the Alps someday), but I just love the way the language sounds. Plus then I could talk to ysabel in two languages.

Bliss

Sally Twit
French definitely. I went to Paris once and loved the way people spoke there. Many of the people could speak English so I felt lame not being able to speak French.
I took French in school but because I haven't used the language in 7 years I've forgotten so much of it.

Wade8813

Registered Member
If I didn't have to work at it, Mandarin Chinese. It would be really useful, since China's the most populous nation in the world, plus their society is modernizing at an incredible rate. I wouldn't be surprised if they take over the world in a few decades.

Also, I'm half Chinese, and people are always asking me if I can speak it, so it'd be kind of nice to be able to say yes. And I plan to visit China at least once in my life, so it would be handy.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
I'd go with German. I'm mostly of German ancestry, with the rest of my ancestry being from English speaking areas (Ireland, Scotland) and plus Germany would be a really cool place to visit and hit up Oktoberfest.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Would love to learn Spanish, when watching Spanish football on the television, I always turn up the volume so I can hear Spanish and hopefully learn a bit of it, the language sounds great and I wanna be able to speak it.

Another language I want to learn is French because I love their accent and would love to speak it fluently because one day I hope I can take a tour of France and instead of looking like a lostie, I wanna be able to speak the language and communicate.

I know a bit of Italian, and have taken it since Grade 3 and I want to full develop the skills of it because it's a great language to know. Shame I don't have it for the next school year.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I would like to able to learn Spanish as my sister lives in Mexico and i would love to be able to talk to my nephew and niece in Spanish,i would also like to know French,unfortunately i suck at languages and have never been able to learn and remember a few words.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I'd go for Mandarin. You can earn a fortune in English>Mandarin>English translation.

It is also one of those languages that is so far from my own that you need to learn it you cant just get by.