• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If you could have started one popular website?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you were to have the idea to start one popular website, which website would you prefer to have started?

i.e. Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, etc. Any site really.

I think one that I wish I would have started would be Facebook. It's quite ingenious. I do hear that they don't make much money at all from it though so that's always a downside.

Another idea for a site that I have always thought was so simple was eBay. Their marketing is genius and the idea is so simple. It's one of the best ideas for a website if you ask me.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Google seems like a pretty good idea. Becoming a billionaire seems strong.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Google seems like a pretty good idea. Becoming a billionaire seems strong.
I thought about Google but it's too boring if you ask me. Unless you count the various sites they have purchased or side sites they have made it's not something you can have any fun with. If you are strictly in it for the money then that's one thing but what if you had to work there every day and be involved with the site?

Granted, I wouldn't mind owning Google but I don't think it's the overall best idea out there.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
nah Facebook is a thing of the past.... I wish I could have stole the concept of facebook myself and came up with Twitter.

Twitter is getting huge, its on the upswing now so not a ton of people know about it, but with people like Ashton Kutcher plugging it all the time just watch... Twitter will explode.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Google. Yes, I'm in it for the money but also for the prestige. It's so popular that it has become a word to mean search online.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I would have to go for Youtube. They get so many hits and views a day it's mind blowing, nearly everyone that has access to a computer knows about youtube and what it does.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I thought about Google but it's too boring if you ask me. Unless you count the various sites they have purchased or side sites they have made it's not something you can have any fun with. If you are strictly in it for the money then that's one thing but what if you had to work there every day and be involved with the site?

Granted, I wouldn't mind owning Google but I don't think it's the overall best idea out there.
Google owns YouTube along with plenty of other sites. Not to mention, check out Google's digs:

snopes.com: I Want to Work at Google

Starting that company would not only make you a billionaire, but you'd have arguably the most badass headquarters ever.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I'm going to be a blatant kiss-ass and say General Forum.

In all seriousness I'd love to have been the one behind Google. You may think it was boring but my money says otherwise.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think that I would prefer to have started ebay.com

Seriously, it's such a simple idea, let people put things up for sale online so others can buy them.

So simple... and so prosperous, my kind of website to own if you ask me.

You could make some serious money owning ebay, it's one of the most famous sites ever.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Newgrounds or Something Awful.

And because my dickery levels need raising, eBaums World :D