If you could go back in time and do any one thing, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Cheomesh, May 24, 2008.

1. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

A split off from the "If you could go back in time..." thread, as I didn't want to be guilty of hijacking that to a new topic, as his was about killing Hitler and living Red Alert IRL.

If you could go back in time and do any one thing, what would it be?

I have no interest in toppling mighty empires, and the idea of preventing WW2 or whatever bores me, but I do know what I want to do -- Observe the last moments of Otzi's death.

Otzi is a frozen mummy from the Alps. Sometime in the chalcolithic, he caught an arrow in the back and it severed an artery. He died quickly. He died with numerous small wounds on his hands, as if he had been fighting in close order. He had a number of items with him when he was shot, including a copper axe, which at the time was a prestige item. There are numerous theories I will explore in a different thread, but I have always wondered -- was it ritual sacrifice? Execution? Murder? An accident? Assisted suicide? Did he fall in battle?

So many things...so few answers...

M.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Stop the burning of the Library of Alexandria.

3. Cheomesh

Cheomesh Registered Member

Don't personally think we would gain much by that, but it would make for some nice artifacts.

M.

4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Does transporting resources back in time to effectively duplicate them--solving all problems involving their scarcity--count as "one thing"? If so, then that's what I would do. :)

For people who value knowledge, like myself, there would be an immense gain from rescuing so many texts.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Go back about 20 years and tell my younger self just two words:

"Buy Microsoft"

Matriqulated likes this.
  6. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

If I were to go back in time, I'd go just 3 years into the past to be with the one I love... my sister...

7. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I'd give the detailed version of the events of 911 in hopes that it wouldn't be ignored given they'd have the specifics required to prevent it.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Go back and buy a few brand new NES, SNES, ATARI 2600, and never open them, you'd make tons of money, there is no brand new boxed NES in existence.

I could also go back in time and buy a whole bunch of super valuable domain names online before people were thinking of those sorts of things being important, I'd be a multi millionaire by now.

9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I would go back to Tuesday night with Wed nights lottery numbers and play them :)

10. Stella

Stella Registered Member

Isn't that illegal in some states?

I would go back and take school more seriously. Starting point - high school.