• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss If you could be any where outdoors in the world, where?

whiteraven

Registered Member
I got this idea the other day when I was out doing some walking. I love the outdoors. But I live where there really isn't any outdoor spaces except small parks. I miss going to the mountains. So the one place I would choose is going to spend a good long weekend up in the mountains. I wouldn't travel out of the US but I'd travel to the west coast. Like go to Mt. Hood in Oregon.

What about you guys. Where would you go?

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I would travel to a place where there would be a lot of fishing activity taking place. I would also travel to some hilly areas (if not mountainous) where I could get a good view of certain areas.

Elanor

Registered Member
I am happy if I can see the sea. I find it very relaxing to watch, and I love the sounds and smells. I could spend all day at the beach, and one day I aim to own a house by the sea.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I love the ocean too. It would be a coin toss for me between the ocean and the African Bushveld. Whilst I haven't really liked safaris since I was a teenager due to having done one every year if my life as a child, I still have a great appreciation for the bushveld. Nothing quite relaxes me as much as being surrounded by wild animals, elephants, leopards, lions, even those pesky baboons. That said, I especially like doing it in luxury. I enjoy camping, but having a private splash pool in a secluded luxury bungalow has a very specific appeal to me.

The ocean and waves and water does have a similar calming and relaxing effect to it though. I haven't been IN mountains as much per se. I would like to try that some day as well.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I love being in the mountains, and I've spent time in a lot of beautiful mountain ranges across the country. If I had to choose a favorite I think it would be the San Juans in southwestern Colorado. They're probably not the most spectacular mountains I've been in, but they're certainly gorgeous and I felt at home there.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I could I would be in the Rocky Mountains right now. There is no place like them. I loved being in the passes because they were so secluded. The mountain creeks were so cold a clear. The view anyplace you went just about was breathtaking.

All the cowboys herding cattle were worth looking at too.

danwiz

Registered Member
I'd be in Japan's Northern Alps Mountain Range. One of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. If you don't believe this - then click on the link to our domain (just above my signature) and type northern alps in the search box. Then check out some of the pages that come up!