• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If you cough into your hands wash them please.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Today I was in the meat market and I'm thinking I should have handled this situation a little better. Well this is what happened.

I was wanting some sliced smoked ham and cheese. Well the lady that waited on me coughed in her hands then asked me if she could help me. At first I just stood there looking at her thinking 'not with those hands you aren't.' I thought about just walking out. She then asked again so I told her to wash her hands first because she coughed into them. I tried to speak low as not to embarrass her but she couldn't hear me so I said it a little louder and everyone heard me.

I'm thinking now I should have wrote it on a piece of paper and handed it to her. I realize when you have to cough you have to cough but when dealing with other people's food be considerate of them and wash those hands. I shouldn't had to said anything, she should have known better.

Has anyone ever had this kind of thing happen to them? If so how did you handle it? Would you have let this go or walked out? Thoughts?

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
This lady should have coughed into her arm, not her hands.

Hence, she's the one to blame, not you Hilander. It was her fault that you were in this situation.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I work in retail they should be wearing gloves and change them after each customer. . . . . . .

If you cough you better cover your mouth that is why people get sick and I got sick the exact same way. . . . . . .

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree they should be wearing gloves. That is one thing that bugs me about that place.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
yah...should have gloves, and she should cough into her elbow/forearm. I'm not normally TOO picky about how my food is handled, but thats just blatant and would even bother me. You weren't wrong to make that request like you did

Bliss

Sally Twit
How do you know she wouldn't have put gloves on before handling your food? Where I come from they change gloves between customers because of handling different types of food.

Impaired

Registered Member
If you cough into your hands, please stop doing it. Cough into the inside of your elbow, something which hopefully you are not using it to touch people and other things.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
If you cough into your hands, please stop doing it. Cough into the inside of your elbow, something which hopefully you are not using it to touch people and other things.
Thankfully kids are being taught this in school! I was never taught this, so I have always coughed into my hand. With that being said, I am also a germaphobe, so I use hand sanitizer frequently. Since learning it is more correct to cough into your elbow, I have been doing that now for years.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
How do you know she wouldn't have put gloves on before handling your food? Where I come from they change gloves between customers because of handling different types of food.
They also wear gloves and change them between customers at most places here but not at this place. I rarely see them wearing gloves so I'm sure she wasn't going to put on a pair. When they do decide to wear a pair I've noticed they don't change them in between customers. They have great meat but anymore I only buy meats from them I'll have to cook because of that.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now this place is clean and it doesn't smell. They do slaughter animals there. This is also the only time I've had someone cough in their hand then offer to get me some meat. They really should wear gloves and change them in between customers. The one little thing that bugs me about that place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bliss Bathroom Wall 2
snowflake Health & Fitness 15
wezalini Introductions 16
G Bathroom Wall 1
D Introductions 4