If you became President?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you became President of the United States, what would be the first thing you do to improve your country and why?

Now once again I could of posted this in the mature discussion but instead decided to post it here, so please keep this thread mature and well discussed.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I would work on restoring resources that we could and try to help the world. Stop pollution, blah blah. Basically because we need to do something to help us out in the long run.

The 2nd thing would be to legalize gay marriage.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, a nice Inauguration plug for GF would be unheard of but I might just slip it in there! Of course I'd have no time to even think about GF if I was president.

I'm big on getting illegal immigrants to go through the right steps to become citizens. By that I mean they should go back to where they came from and apply for citizenship and wait in line like everybody else.

Not to mention securing the border to make it next to impossible to sneak in.

redsoxocd

living on the border
Well, a nice Inauguration plug for GF would be unheard of but I might just slip it in there! Of course I'd have no time to even think about GF if I was president.

I'm big on getting illegal immigrants to go through the right steps to become citizens. By that I mean they should go back to where they came from and apply for citizenship and wait in line like everybody else.
I would probably do the same thing. I hav STRONG views about this problem

Corona

Registered Member
I live 11 miles from the border, and I don't think immigration is anywhre near our main problem.

Economy. We need to deal with it. Less imports, more production.

Healthcare. I'm a libertarian except on this issue. Socialize it. Everyone deserves the right to live.

Taxes. Jesus Christ the government takes way too much money. Cut that shit.

War. Gtfo of Iraq. Pull back to Afghanistan and make sure it's secure.

Subsidies. If a business can't survive on its own it should just die, cheaply.

Energy sources. Provide large money incentive to make efficient, cheap, alternative fuels. Yes, I know this contradict my last statement slightly, but think about it.

No isolation. Seriously, isolationism is fail. Get more involved in the U.N., stop the fucking genocides. Start dismantling dictatorships.

Social liberalism. Go gay marriage, go abortion. If you don't like either, don't marry a man or get an abortion, but shut the hell up and stop forcing your religiously based beliefs on others.

Economic conservatism. Go personal initiative, however, corporations should be held to the same laws as an individual. Ban lobbying, becaust that shit is ruining our government.

Corona 2008, Inc. Vote for me.

Last edited:

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Eliminate 'domestic terrorism'.

Meaning starting a gradual nationwide reform of the entire police force. Examine each and every officer that's ever worn so much as a fake security badge, look up their record, judge the arrests they've made, can them if they've had even the slightest malpractice or tendency to use arbitrary reasoning, raise the standards of the job, and rehire as many new police officers as would needed with at least triple the pay and as many added benefits as I could think of.

Next two targets:

- reform family law

- reform copyright law

Last edited:
I live 11 miles from the border, and I don't think immigration is anywhre near our main problem.

Economy. We need to deal with it. Less imports, more production.

Healthcare. I'm a libertarian except on this issue. Socialize it. Everyone deserves the right to live.

Taxes. Jesus Christ the government takes way too much money. Cut that shit.

War. Gtfo of Iraq. Pull back to Afghanistan and make sure it's secure.

Subsidies. If a business can't survive on its own it should just die, cheaply.

Energy sources. Provide large money incentive to make efficient, cheap, alternative fuels. Yes, I know this contradict my last statement slightly, but think about it.

No isolation. Seriously, isolationism is fail. Get more involved in the U.N., stop the fucking genocides. Start dismantling dictatorships.

Social liberalism. Go gay marriage, go abortion. If you don't like either, don't marry a man or get an abortion, but shut the hell up and stop forcing your religiously based beliefs on others.

Economic conservatism. Go personal initiative, however, corporations should be held to the same laws as an individual. Ban lobbying, becaust that shit is ruining our government.

Corona 2008, Inc. Vote for me.
Econ=Agree, as long as the transition is made slowly.

Health Care=Agree

Taxes=Agree, also slowly. Cutting taxes all at once would cause some form of hyper inflation. That would suck.

War=Agree

Subsidies=Disagree. If we stop subsidizing, almost all american car companies will fold. This will hurt our economy far more than subsidizing them does.

Energy=Subsidies up the anus.

Isolationism=No thx. If the UN will respect us again

Swiftstrike

Registered Member

Not to mention securing the border to make it next to impossible to sneak in.

I am sorry Hybrix but I can't believe your biggest concern would be to prevent illegal immigration.

If I was president I would work more on globalization and improve our foriegn relations with many countries. I would work to get more countries fiscally and politically on a more unifying front. I would see myself as the ultimate embassador.

Also the environment needs to improve and I would made strides in trying to improve the overall health of the planet.

Most domestic concerns...actually any domestic concerns IMO are secondary.