If Yellowstone US Blows

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Mirage, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

My school connection is lame so I can't see the video but I've read and seen enough specials on TV to know what would happen. It's definitely scary stuff but it's also so goddamn badass it's hard to contain your excitement.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Man you are right that is some scary stuff. :zomg: :spin:

Atleast I would be safer than you :lol: ...I live on the east coast so all we would get is the ash and not much of that if the wind is blowing the other direction.

I've seen a show like the video you posted on science channels Disaster Week. The thing that gets me is that this Will happen. Right now they have cut some of the tours in certain parts of Yellowstone due to rises in activity and the chance of eruption.
    Did you know that old Faithful is no longer going off at it's normal time?

Yellowstone is going to blow but when we will never know. Also if Yellowstone goes it could set off a chain reaction of other volcanic areas as well.

Stock up on masks and marshmallows everybody!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
    RATTIE likes this.
  4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a situation that I have read about for a while now. I cannot even imagine what this would mean for the United States. I just hope it doesnt happen in my lifetime. (Selfish I know)

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I saw that show on Nat Geo or Discovery Channel or something earlier this year. I mentioned it in chat one night and everyone laughed at me. It probably won't happen in our lifetime, but it'll happen eventually, and when it does we're all screwed.

Supposedly there would be so much ash that it would create a period of global cooling that would devastate the entire world.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Scientists have been wrong before though. It might not blow completely either. Isn't it constantly losing pressure with the frequent geysers?

Either way I'd prefer for it not to blow in our lifetime... :shocked:

7. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

Wow, that's some scary stuff. 1 Volcano taking out half of the U.S and almost the whole world can't defeat the US so I have to give creds to the volcano. But hopefully it doesn't happen!

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It will blow, just between now and the next several thousand years. Scientists have no way of knowing at the moment.

9. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

That is badass and...insane. One volcano taking out half the country. 0_0

10. SourGummyWorms

SourGummyWorms New Member

Wow that is scary, I guess we're all doomed. Hopefully not