If TNA moved programing on Monday Nights?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If TNA moved programing on Monday nights to try and compete with the WWE, do you think they could survive and give the WWE a run for their money like WCW did a couple of years ago before folding.

Thoughts?

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I don't think they could compete with RAW at this point, but TNA has loyal fans and I don't think it would put them out of business. As a TNA fan, I'd probably watch it live (for ratings) and tape RAW. Unless it were this time of year with WM coming and everything.

Right now ratings are growing and the name is expanding. I say wait at least another year if they're going to consider that. Right now, worry about WWE on Thursdays stealing viewers (I know it's not at the same time).

3. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Right now I don't think there's any way humanly possible they could survive going head to head with Raw, or even with Monday Night Football. I honestly think they'd be better off airing Impact on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, I still think Thursday prime time is dominated by the main networks and I consider Friday nights a gamble with the demographic that's being targeted (why I still contend Smackdown would be better off not being on Friday nights, but at the same time I admit WWE's main programming needs to be spread out).

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

To be blunt they'd be screwed. They'd be out of business within 6 months.

When WCW started to compete with WWE they had a better vision, more money and more talent on the roster. I think Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett are smarter then to do this...at least for now. Impact barely beats ECW in the ratings (if at all) so I would steer clear of Monday's until further notice.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything that was said. There's no way that TNA could compete with WWE on Monday Nights. There's a lot of loyal TNA fans that would watch TNA, but there's a lot of wrestling fans that watch both shows and if they were put on the same day during the same time, a lot of these TNA fans would watch WWE because it's a much better product, better wrestlers and better overall storylines.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Exactly...

There are loyal TNA watchers but there are more people (like myself) who prefer WWE and if they are on at the same time I'm going to watch RAW over Impact every single time.