If they were convicted of waging an aggressive war....

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by micfranklin, Apr 20, 2008.

?

What would their punishment be?

1. Death Penalty

22.2%
  2. Life in prison, no parole

22.2%
  3. Life in prison, with parole

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Send them to serve their time in an Iraqi facility.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

55.6%
  1. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Whar would Bush and Cheney's possible punishment(s) be? This is simply a hypothetical thread because we all know they're not gonna get impeached.

Discuss.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

Impeachment is not the only option.

If there is sufficient cause to charge George W. Bush and/or members of his administration with war crimes and the appropriate parties file charges with the War Crimes Tribunal at the Hague, then trying them (in absentia if necessary and permissible ) for war crimes could happen. There is sufficient cause to charge George W. Bush and/or members of his administration with war crimes. Therefore, if the appropriate parties file charges with the War Crimes Tribunal at the Hague, then trying them (in absentia if necessary and permissible) for war crimes could happen.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

So what should their punishment be though?

4. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

IMPALEMENT!!1

Aahahahahahaha!1

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Eh. That would be an entertaining killing.

6. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I don't care what your political views are, if the US allows international courts to try any of our politicians or military, we are finished. There are too many people in the world that hate the US and would use an international court for their advantage. Plus Iraq had a trial for the "war of agression" leader and they found him guilty and hung him.

7. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Just like that, huh? I really don't think we're so fragile that such a thing would ruin us. It wouldn't be ideal, but it wouldn't ruin us.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Didn't the WWII war criminals get either life imprisonment (I don't know which prison) or death as punishment? So in the hypothetical situation that Bush and co. get convicted, that'll probably their sentence too (unless the rules have changed since).

9. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

10. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

I'd like for it to be a harsh punishment. (Not death)