If The Wolves Don't Improve, Garnett Wants Out

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Slam Magazine - In a recent Q&A session with Slam Magazine, Kevin Garnett stated he'd like to see management make more player acquisitions and hinted at the possibility of leaving Minnesota if the team doesn't improve.

Regarding the moves management made so far, Garnett said, "I feel like getting Mike James was a start, but that’s not enough. We need some more solid players to contribute..."

When asked if he'd want to leave Minnesota if the team didn't improve, Garnett said, "I got to...If you’re not working towards a championship, then why are we in this? I’m in it to win, man, I’m not in it to be coming back talking about next year. I’m 30. I’ve probably got 4 to 5 years, you know what I’m saying? My clock is ticking, man. I’m almost like a woman who’s trying to get pregnant. My years are limited, so my clock is definitely ticking."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...if_the_wolves_dont_improve_garnett_wants_out/

2. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

"I’m almost like a woman who’s trying to get pregnant" uuuuhhh what a wierd metaphor (i think?) haha

well yea I woundnt expect him to stay in Minnesota if the team doesnt atleast make the playoffs next year, a lot of teams are going to be after him if he does decide to leave Minnesota, hopefully Lakers could try to work something out, yea its a KG pipe dream or whatever, but still...haha
    and im preety sure hes not going to stay in Minnesota for very long though, he wants a championship bad and staying with the Wolves isnt ganna get him there..

3. shawnesty23

shawnesty23 Guest

i really wish sixers woulda traded iverson there for mccants and others

4. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I cant believe this I thought he would retire as a T-Wolve. But I guess he has a point, they didn't do enough in the off season. They drafted a couple players and signed Mike James I do even think thats enough to make the playoffs. KG deserves to have more talent around him hopefully he gets it soon it would be a shame it he left Minnesota.

5. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

Good. This is all about the NBA. Superstars will want out unless there team improves, and there is nothing bad or wrong about that. This just rushes the process and Im happy Garnett made this decision.

6. Babe_Ruth

It's to bad, because he has been playing is hardest to make this team the best in the NBA. but he realiezed that he couldn't do it by himself. I think if everyone stays healthy they should make the playoffs, because McCants is going to improve, and they have Ricky Davis, he can score around 18ppg. Also deep down KG doesn't want to leave, so he'll try is best to make sure this team gets into the playoffs.

7. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

I want this guy out of Minnesota. He needs to go to a good team where he can win. He's getting older and his time is running out. They need to trade him so that they can start re-building and Garnett can become a champion. Argh.

8. Babe_Ruth

I like Kevin Garnett he's one of my favorites players, and I really want him to win that championship. But like I said I think he wants that championship badly, but even though he wins it, I have a feeling he won't be as satisfied if he doesn't win it with the Timberwolves. I am saying this because, he's such a warrior, and him not winning it with the Wolves will be a failure because he knew he couldn't do it. I know this doesn't really make sence to a person who just follows basketball, but if you follow it like I do I am sure you'll agree with me.

9. Godfather

Godfather Guest

It's a simile since it links the comparison with a "like."

Well, if KG wants to leave, he is more of a man than someone we all know.

Lets see:

situation:

30 years old
    no championship hope
    over 10 years of trying
    been thru the tough

I'll say that is a pretty good excuse to leave unlike someone we all know.

Noooo, if i can read someone's mind and feelings like you do, I am sure that I'll agree with you too...

10. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

I think it would be stupid of the timberwolves to let garnett go. But i'm happy to see him go. He's to good to not get a championship before he retires. And staying hopeing to win one with the timberwolves is not going to happen.