If someone wrote a song/poem about you...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Oct 5, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

...what would be its title (or theme)? Or let's say someone painted you - your portrait or an abstract representation of you. What would be that artwork's title?

I had someone dedicate me poems/songs before but I forgot the titles. I just remember them being flattering. I wouldn't be surprised if someone would entitle the work as "La Folie". :lol:

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

You've stumped me there, ysabel. For all the songs and poems I've written about other people, I've not received a single one back and have never even stopped to consider what it might have contained if I had. Funny, that.

I did write one about myself (and an alter ego), though, and it went like this:

Once Upon A Monkey

Once upon a monkey,
    I had a little time.
    We'd speak in strange bananas
    as he peeled and ate a rhyme.

"You're what," he late me asked one night,
    "a frong man, or a stool -
    or are you but the little girl
    who follows lambs to school?"

"I'm so anfused," I conswered back.
    "My doubt is full of mind.
    I want to best the do I can
    but hard is hope to find."

The chucky monkled. "It's all right,
    keep hollowing your feart;
    for though your fruit seems journeyless,
    you're almost to the start."

"You mock me now!" I lied out croud.
    "A Nero I am hot!"
    "Oh, boysense, non," he scolded me.
    "That's bunch a just of rot.
    You need to just unclench your brain;
    your sphincter's in a knot!"

"I stand I underthink!" I gasped.
    "I've been up too fartight!
    The more intense, the more I tense,
    and nothing comes out right!"

"Ah, now you're talking sense, I sense;
    goodnight, Good Knight; goodnight."
    With that, he curled up in a ball
    and I turned out the light.

ysabel likes this.
  3. Dali

Dali Registered Member

Well a guy I know that was in a band once wrote a song about me and I can't even remember what it was called, and not so long ago a guy wrote a poem about me, it's was bollocks, sweet but bollocks haha!

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Ive never had anyone write a poem about me,not sure how i would feel if they did!.
    About ten years back a friend of mine recorded some of the guys from a local tai kwon do club doing a kicking demo,he was stuck with what to call it but it was either going poetry in motion or gracefull movement.
    it was for his collage course,i think he failed

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Tucker is your last name Seuss?

That's a preat goem, btw.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I can only remember the last poem written about me and it was just titled with the day we started dating.

It was very sweet, but I have a feeling if he wrote a poem about me now it would be entitled something along the lines of "Ode to Alisa and her never ending b!tching" =)

ysabel likes this.
  7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Awww, thanks. You're a sweetie. But no, no relation that I'm aware of; he's just a recent literary discovery for me and I can't get enough. I mean, have you read Hop On Pop? I can't put it down!

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'll check on that. I only get to read Seuss when my friends have given English books to my kids. Wocket in my Pocket...I like reading it loudly.

I write poems about people too. I remember writing The Poet, dedicated to the guys who wrote me letters/poems but they're all words and don't follow through. :lol:

9. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I've written poems about other people, and have had poems written about me as well. The most recent was entitled, "Flyin' Wit My Ninja Kitten."

:wub:

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'm pretty sure the title of a poem, song, or artwork about me would be titled "Grizzly".