Movies If Nolan had to rrecast the Joker....

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Duke1985, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Okay, hypothetically lets say Christopher Nolan already had the script for Batman 3, in which the Joker was a major character (as Nolan had already planned on touching on the Joker in 3 before Ledger's death), lets say he was on a deadline and didn't have time to rewrite the script.

He has no choice but recast Ledger's part.

What actors do you think could pull off the role?

Personally I'm going to go ahead and throw Crispen Glover out there, he was an original candidate for the part and can play creep and crazy like no one's business.

Actually if Christian Bale wasn't playing Batman I'd even think he might be able to pull if off, just looking back at American Psycho, he was out of control in that.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a good question.

For some reason I believe Lou Diamond Philips would be able to pull of the Joker role. I don't know why but I just think he could portray him very well.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Nice input, Double. Would you actually like to add to the conversation?

I don't think that Lou could do the voice. My honest opinion is to spend the money on using existing footage, CGI, and a damn good voice actor to use the Ledger joker as a tribute. I don't think anyone can do it as well as he can.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Meh, I dunno if I agree with Lou Diamond Phillips. He's a good actor but I just dont see him as a Joker.

However if I'm going on sheer dark-ability alone, I'm going with Ben Foster. He played in the movie "Hostage" and I'd like to say he nailed a very dark character there. Although definitely no Ledger... I'd put some confidence in his corner.

Also on an odd note.... he kinda looks like Blur.

5. Duke1985

How about Kevin Bacon?

Kevin Bacon is one of the creepiest people in the movie business in my opinion, and if you disagree watch sleepwalkers, he places a child rapist.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

YES! I was actually gonna mention Kevin Bacon in my post but got all obsessed with Ben Foster and forgot about him.

I do agree... Bacon is a creep and would fit perfectly in a Nolan Batman Flick.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's how I'd like to see it done.

Nolan picks his top 5 or top 10 choices and each of them records a scene or two, maybe 5 minutes or so of footage total.

The clips are then put up on YouTube and the fans can vote. Now, granted, Nolan would have the final say regardless, but I think it would be cool to give fans the chance to chime in.

Same goes for the Riddler selection (if the Riddler is in fact the next villain).

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Mmmm, Johnny Depp.

He's the only one I can imagine right now.

9. Duke1985

Nah I would actually hope Nolan had the balls not to give a shit what I think and do the movie as he thinks it should be done.

(He's doing that anyway as far as I'm concerned by not wanting to bring in a Robin.)

Someone earlier mentioned doing a CGI joker, if they did that I'd hope Marc Hamil got the job. He makes a great joker in the cartoons.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Actually that's true Duke.

I guess more than anything I just want to see a few others in the role since we won't get to any other way.

Audition tapes are better than nothing. :D