• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If I were to buy a COD game

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've never played any COD game ever, but I'm thinking of starting one. For someone who has never played any COD before, but has played some FPS which one do you think would be good to start with? Black Ops or something older like MW2?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
There is a huge different between Modern Warefare and Black Ops games in terms of quality of the graphics and the game play. To me, I feel like it's two different franchises which they basically are because Treyarch makes Black Ops and someone else makes Modern Warefare. Personally, I suggest Black Ops because for me the online play is just magnificent and I love it.

If you want to start with MW, I can give you my MW3 because I never play it, same goes for MW2, I can give you mine.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
There is a huge different between Modern Warefare and Black Ops games in terms of quality of the graphics and the game play. To me, I feel like it's two different franchises which they basically are because Treyarch makes Black Ops and someone else makes Modern Warefare. Personally, I suggest Black Ops because for me the online play is just magnificent and I love it.

If you want to start with MW, I can give you my MW3 because I never play it, same goes for MW2, I can give you mine.
You serious? That'd be awesome. Even though they are old those games are still pretty expensive at EB.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
You serious? That'd be awesome. Even though they are old those games are still pretty expensive at EB.
Yeah, just tell me which one you want and I'll drop it off after Uni whenever you're free.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It'll have to wait until next week, after Uni tomorrow I'm going back to Geelong to do a couple of things. I might go with MW3 after Kons suggestion and if I like it I might invest in buying Black Ops later on.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It'll have to wait until next week, after Uni tomorrow I'm going back to Geelong to do a couple of things. I might go with MW3 after Kons suggestion and if I like it I might invest in buying Black Ops later on.
All swell, let me know when you want it. :)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Sweet thanks heaps. I'll PM you my mobile number, send me a text when you get it so I have yours then we can arrange a time next week.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I know this is a bit after the fact, but I would actually say "none". Lol jk.

I'm not a CoD fan at all, but I would recommend Black Ops over MW3, mainly because the MP is better in BlOps and it'll give you a good teaser of what to expect with BlOps II in November.

Konshentz

Konshentz
but I would recommend Black Ops over MW3, mainly because the MP is better in BlOps
How so?

I've put about 250 hours combined between the two of them (I know, not a lot)... and I think MW3 is quite a bit better when it comes to sound, graphics, guns, maps & game modes.

Last edited: