If forced to move to another country for a year...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NINnerd, Mar 21, 2010.

1. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

...which would you choose and why? (Just pretend you have to for the sake of the thread.) Make sure to state what your current country is (just in case we can't tell from your flag).

I live in the U.S., and I would choose Australia. Reasons are: English is the language, I've never been, and I have a good online friend there that I really want to meet. Plus, I love the ocean.

So what about you guys? :)

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Canada... I could still bring my guns.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Canada, because it's only slightly different and I'm used to Canada anyway, being so close to it.

or the UK, if I could specifically choose Nottingham because I have two very good friends who live there, not to mention a few other friends who live elsewhere in the UK

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I would like to move to either Canada or Germany for a year if I had to. Canada's climate is somewhat similar to where I live so I'd adjust to it rather quickly. I always wanted to live in Germany so that's why I'd chose there as well.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

The US, because I want (literally just want.. not am definitely going to) to live there at some point anyway so any excuse would be good. My family were half planning to move there when I was younger but I told my parents I didn't want to go because of my friends here. No idea what I was thinking because my friends were torture at the time.

So yeah, there.

Chaos likes this.
  6. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

France, mostly to work on my french some more and if I was forced to move to any other country for a year I would at least want to get a completely diffirent culture for the experience of it. I believe Australia is a lot like South Africa, both culture and geologically, so that would be out. America has never really appealed to me that much, maybe Canada though. That ought to be diffirent as well... :nod:

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

As its only for a year probably somewhere like Botswana. I dont really see a need to move somewhere if its only going to be not too dissimilar to here (being the UK). I'd like to go somewhere different but not to extreme it takes a year to find my feet.

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I chose something similar because I don't do change well. at all.

9. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Botswana?? For a year?? Have you gone completely bananas?? That is the most boring country ever. Nothing good or bad happens there. It just happens, the same every day. At least rather make it Mozambique - Mozie is beautiful and there is lots to see in a year. :D

But each to their own, I suppose!

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Mozambique has the language barrier. To be frank anywhere Sub-Sahara that offers a little difference and is politically stable.

But the question in the OP is making the proposition to change so why not make that change significant and worthwhile?