• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

If everybody followed your religion/beliefs?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use the term "beliefs" to include atheists and agnostics into this discussion.

If everybody followed your religion or belief do you think the world would be a better place? Why or why not?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It would be the same. Everyone would find something else to argue or fight over.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think a better world would be one where people are free to believe what they want. There are certain areas where we as humans come together in agreement on the basic conditions that we should be and wish to live in but beyond that, I can't think of anything worse than a world where I'd be forced into completely following someone else's idea of how the world should be. I want to be able to think what I want, experience different cultures and hear thoughts and views different to my own - even knowing that I might not like them all. As sure as I am in how I feel about certain things and as much as I'd enjoy being able to shape the world into my own idea of perfection, I'd never be so conceited as to believe that my way is the right way for all.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
No. i like variety, i like the idea of sharing different thoughts and experiences , i like the fact that someone experiences something different from me ..

without these the world would be boring.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
If everyone accepted that they don't know whether/what religion/God/belief is the 'true' one then yes, I do believe the world might be better off. But like Storm said, something would surely fill the 'hate' gap.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think a better world would be one where people are free to believe what they want. There are certain areas where we as humans come together in agreement on the basic conditions that we should be and wish to live in but beyond that, I can't think of anything worse than a world where I'd be forced into completely following someone else's idea of how the world should be. I want to be able to think what I want, experience different cultures and hear thoughts and views different to my own - even knowing that I might not like them all. As sure as I am in how I feel about certain things and as much as I'd enjoy being able to shape the world into my own idea of perfection, I'd never be so conceited as to believe that my way is the right way for all.
I didn't mean to imply that everybody would be FORCED to follow the same religion or beliefs. What I meant was if everybody chose to believe the same thing, one way or another, would the world be better off.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No, I don't think the world would be a better place. There will always be war and violence, hatred, poverty, etc, no matter what. What a unified religion that every single person followed would do is put an end to our quest for knowledge for how we really got here. We would believe in one truth, and whether it was the actual truth we would never know.

Interested

Registered Member
It would take a 100% selfless, good hearted, peaceful and boring person with no "spice" to personality whatsoever, to have a mind (if it is at all possible) that, if shared by everyone, would create a better world, let alone peaceful. And to put it in primitive words... it would be extremely boring.

And I am a very argumentative and ambitious person. If everyone thought the same way, there would be a constant war.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It would be the same. Everyone would find something else to argue or fight over.
This is pretty much the end of the thread. People would simply move on to something else to fight over. Assuming people never attempt to break away from these beliefs, I'd say yes the world would be a much better place. Why? Because the bloodiest, most brutal and vicious wars have all been fought in the name of some divine entity and it continues today. Thou shalt not kill, my ass.

viLky

ykLiv
Because the bloodiest, most brutal and vicious wars have all been fought in the name of some divine entity and it continues today. Thou shalt not kill, my ass.
If you look at history, Atheism has technically killed more people than any religion. Stalin alone (a well known Atheist) has killed 40 million people, Pol Pot another religion hating guy killed over 2 million Cambodians (20% of the population). Mao Tse-Tung (Atheist) killed an estimated 70 million people. Hitler (Darwinist), Jews (6 million).

Politicians, Atheists and Agnostics tend to blame religion for these wars, but the people who do the research and dig for the truth can tell that the majority of the time it's because of power and greed. Religion hardly plays any part in it at all.

Whether you have all the people believing in the same religion, or if all the people are Atheist you'll still have the same outcome: issues arising due to human nature of greed and power.

I feel the world would be soo much better if everybody was a Christian. Any urge they had to conquer or take something would have them pause and look at their beliefs before actually mindless taking it for their own interest and/or affiliation.