If Bonds admitted...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm sure most of you here have little respect for Bonds, let's pretend he comes out next week and he admits that he used steroids for several years, and one of those years was when he beat *McGwire's home run record*

Would you gain a bit more respect for him, or one of the reasons why you dislike him so much is because of the way he acts with others and carries himself and the suppose usage of steroids just adds to it?

Thoughts?

Major likes this.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

No, he wouldn't gain any respect for doing that. The reason? Because everybody and their brother already knows that he took steroids during his home running setting record against McGwire's. Gaining respect would mean - to me - that the people, without a doubt did not know anything of steroids, and he came clean on his own to confess how he got 'help' from steroids.

Personally, I'm indifferent to Bonds. He doesn't have anything to gain or lose with me.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I have no respect for Bonds and my opinion of him wouldn't change at all if he came clean. Everybody already knows he was on steroids.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I would respect him more as a person for coming forward and finally admitting his steroid use.

I would never respect him as a player. I haven't respected him as a player for a very long time.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

No respect would be gained from my end of the table. He's an asshole, he's been an asshole for a very long time especially about his playing abilities and drug abuse. What would surprise me if he does something selfless.

6. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

Agreed.

Honestly, I wish everyone would just come out and come clean. I don't honestly care anymore and I wish everyone would come out and be honest because each admission is one step closer to this steroid-issue disappearing.

7. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you...I've stopped caring all together. I don't even cared who used at this point.

My opinion of Bonds remains the same if he comes clean. He's a dickhead and he'll always be a dickhead.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry but you guys should care, just like fans back during the black sox scandal should of cared. I know both are different stories but both are a slap in the face of the game and it puts a black mark on our game.

We don't know who cheated, so stats are inflated for a lot of players, and I think we can all agree that the game of Baseball is all about stats.

Personally I wouldn't forgive him or gain more respect for that douche, like Cons said, he's a dick and he'll always be one, he's me first and teammates second, which I can't stand from a player.

9. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

A bit OT but, yep, he was an gigantic asshole but on the Giants, I always thought Jeff Kent was the bigger jackoff.

10. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont know why I dont but I just dont care anymore. If I found out Pujols or Griffey were on something I think that would surprise me and I'd be a little annoyed but that's about it. Even my boy Todd Helton. I hope he didnt cheat but I wouldnt be shocked if he did. Just like you shouldnt be shocked if Carlos Delgado was found to have done something. It was the era...most of them were on something.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This sport of baseball is known for its cheating. Its been happening since its beginning at different points and with different examples. Stats are big in baseball, sure, but so is cheating.