Ie6 / Ie7

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Penguin, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

If a site works properly in IE6... what are the chances it will also work properly in IE7?

I dislike having to finagle things to make them work properly in IE at all, but I really would rather not have to do THREE different things to make them work in IE6 AND IE7.

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

If it works in IE6 it should work just fine in IE7.

3. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

Thanks, Mr Snipes (great nick, btw. I loved Snipes' acting in Demolition Man.) I'd read about people checking their site work in Firefox, IE6, IE7, and others, and was hoping that it would work like you say!

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you used IE7 Snipes? ;)

Sites DO appear differently in IE7 actually, but from what I've seen it's for the better. It seems to read HTML more like FireFox does. If anything I've noticed that sites appear BETTER in IE7 than IE6, however I hate the interface on IE7, which is why I refuse to upgrade. :)

5. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

No, I haven't used IE7 yet. My computer hasn't tried downloading it yet from Microsoft to update.

6. hemisync

hemisync Registered Member

i've never had a problem using sites with IE7 whatsoever. I really don't like the appearance of IE7 either and will probably be downgrading soo actually ;)