• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Idol

shelgarr

Registered Member
Are there followers here?

I'm into it! So glad to be rid of Kara and Simon. I adore Ellen but they ruined her by scripting things too much. She could have been so funny.

So far, Jen and Steve are getting to be natural and spontaneous. Both seem fresh and enthused. It's going to go great.

Dabs

Registered Member
I used to watch it faithfully years ago, but haven't gotten back into the routine of anxiously awaiting for it to air.
I think back when Daughtry was on I watched a lot, and the year Clay Aiken was on it...but I'm thinking after Carrie Underwood won, I haven't watched it since~
Hmmmm, not sure what happened.
I never watched one show when Ellen was a judge, and I really like Ellen, so I am surprised at myself!
I'm not a J-Lo fan, so that'll probably keep me away again this year.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Have you watched J-Lo in movies? I think she is great! I don't follow her singing career much.

You should check out Idol though. It's the best I've seen. But I was so DONE with the old judges and their mundane cliche canned comments.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I used to watch it all the time, but each season I would lose interest by the time we get to the top. I really just enjoyed watching the raw auditions to laugh at the people making an ass of themselves. To be honest though, I really liked Simon. He's the only person whose opinion I valued when it came to talent. I don't watch it anymore. It's become just another lame reality show to me now without Simon.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've never watched it, it seems freaking lame and the little snippets i've heard of people singing have been painful. People should get famous for having actual talent, not appearing on some show.

And getting rid of Simon? Isn't he the main part of the show. I think it would just get worse without having him actually telling people when they're awful.

Dabs

Registered Member
Have you watched J-Lo in movies? I think she is great! I don't follow her singing career much.

You should check out Idol though. It's the best I've seen. But I was so DONE with the old judges and their mundane cliche canned comments.

I have watched one, a movie called The Wedding Planner, and it was "Ok".
But I do not care for her music at all.
And I maybe shouldn't judge her acting by just that one movie I've seen, but I am not impressed by her.
But she may end up doing an awesome job at Idol this year and blow everyone away :)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I only really like watching the initial auditions. It's hilarious watching some of the people who suck so much, and yet for some reason think that they are SO good. It sucks that simon is gone. He was pretty funny to watch in action. I think he's the only one to ever give his honest opinion.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Steven Tyler's a lot funnier than Cowell ever was. I thought this season got off to a good start.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yep, Steven getting all goggly-eyed at the girls was pretty funny. He had painful looks on his face with the bad singers. And genuine praise for the good ones. Both him and J-Lo were great. Such a huge difference. Simon was just saying the same thing over and over. Randy too.....all of them were stuck in a rut. With the new judges coming in, all the dynamics have changed. But I think Randy's teeth are even whiter!!!!!!!

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Steven is one horny son of a bitch. haha I don't think he's even kidding most of the time. There were some pretty awful auditions. no one really stands out so far. Some sound nice, but I don't see them being pop stars. They can be Broadway or just gig singers.

Also i don't like how they lowered the age to 15. Those kids can sing now, but their voices are going to change as they grow up. I really hope no one under 18 at least ever wins.