• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Idi's Xbox Game Recommendations

dDave

V.I.P.
Gah, I didn't think to recommend Portal 2 because I play it on PC and didn't consider the cross platform compatibility.

Portal 2 is an amazing game. Out of those I would start with that. It's funny, challenging in spots, and is overall a very interesting game. I had a lot of fun with it and I've only played it once.

And Mortal Kombat? Ew. :lol: There's just so MUCH blood in that game.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I will be playing some Mortal Combat, I'm sure. Just because it reminds me of my youth when I played with that with my brother. Same with Tekken.

I'm thinking of starting with Portal 2. I am busy downloading Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts as well. ;)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
What a coincidence. I got 11 games with the xbox (will list them all in a little bit), and Portal 2 happens to be one of them.

Unfortunately Mass Effect is not on the list, so that goes on my recommendations.
------
So here's my list, in the form of a picture. :)

Why are they all upside down?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Dude, we should play online some time! Some of my recommendations are:

- Borderlands (there are two games, but I've only played the first): the game gives you a lot of freedom while still managing to provide a story for direction. It's fun, fast paced, and crazy shooting action on an alien planet. It's a good laugh! Particularly as a multiplayer game, up to 4 player co-op.

- Left 4 Dead (1 and 2): you like zombies, so L4D is an awesome game. Best enjoyed with friends, also up to 4 player co-op (and with a couple of more competitive modes). I've had this game for years and it never gets old.

- Fallout 3: this is a great game with a good storyline. Open map, the freedom to go anywhere you like and choose your own missions and morality, alter your character's appearance, and with an all-round fun core mission. It's a pretty great game. :nod:

I'll try and think of a few more, I've got quite a few games. :)

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Those sound like great recommendations as well. I definitely at least want to try L4D. That sounds fun!!

I won't be set up on xbox live till I get my wi-fi, which looks to be happening in May next year only. But I would love to play something with you then. Just stick around GF till then. ;)

I'm going to get some of the LEGO games now, as well as Red Dead Redemption. I want to start on those soonish.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Strangely I couldn't ever get into Red Dead Redemption. I don't know why. I should try kickstarting that up again...

If you like shooting games, you should try for the first Halo game, Halo: Combat Evolved. They produced a new version of it for the 360 (the original game was for the original XBOX) and totally re-hauled the graphics and art. It's a great story and a lot of fun, very suspenseful - I remember first playing it, and it drew me in so quickly. It's also a game that supports up to 4 player co-op, as I recall, which for me is a huge factor in how much I can enjoy a game. (I have it too, so if you got it we could totally blast through the campaign some time when you have online capability!)

Also, the Assassin's Creed games are a lot of fun, but you should really start with the first one.

Mirror's Edge is quite fun, some shooting and stuff involved but mostly it's about playing a nimble, agile freerunner in a futuristic city, uncovering a plot and so forth. :nod:

Oh, oh! And Gears of War 2. That's a great game - in my opinion it's by far the best of the GoW series.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Mirror's Edge is quite fun, some shooting and stuff involved but mostly it's about playing a nimble, agile freerunner in a futuristic city, uncovering a plot and so forth.
I hate that game so much. The controls are awful and it should never have been made in first person.

Idi, L4D is a fun one to play through once or twice by yourself but it gets old after a while IMO.

I recommend picking up The Orange Box. It has Half Life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2, and Portal. There's tons of gaming joy to be had in those four games alone.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Orange Box is one that I'd like to pick up. I've never played any of those games but I've always heard great things about them.

Seems like people either love or hate Mirror's Edge. I think it looks like a ton of fun, but bad controls can ruin a game.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You can get it for less than $20 now used at Gamestop. It's a great deal for more than 30 hours of gameplay.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
The Orange Box is one that I'd like to pick up. I've never played any of those games but I've always heard great things about them.

Seems like people either love or hate Mirror's Edge. I think it looks like a ton of fun, but bad controls can ruin a game.
The Orange Box is an awesome game. I'd definitely recommend it simply because it has Half Life 2 and its following episodes, which are an amazing set of games with a brilliant story. Portal is also great, if damned hard for achievements. The only game I haven't played on The Orange Box is Team Fortress 2, because there's just no point in playing that single player.

Mirror's Edge was a lot of fun for me, I enjoyed it. The controls might be a little hard to master when you first play the game, but once you get used to them (which doesn't take too long) they're a doddle. :dunno: At least, they were for me. :D